Community Services #1 (CS#1) is a community based not-for-profit, incorporated as an association in 1987. The organisation manages and delivers a range of community services including community development, family support services, training services, children’s services and aged care.
The principle objectives of Community Services #1, for which it was established, are to advance social or public welfare so that:
- individuals and families are relieved of poverty, distress or disadvantage
- people are supported and protected across the whole of life
- people are supported to build and achieve goals for their future
- individuals, communities and stakeholders are engaged to create connections and opportunities for people to undertake meaningful roles
- resilient communities are built.
CS#1 is a Registered Training Organisation, offering training and a professional development to the Canberra community.
Our services include:
- Five early childhood education and care centres
- Family and Individual Support
- Parenting program
- Venue hire
- Community mini-bus service
- Special care transport
- Community Development
- Home and Community Care
- Case Management
- Centre–based Activities for Home and Community Care Clients
- Regional Assessment Service
- Assistance with Care and Housing for the Aged
- Health Promotion
We also offer Accredited Training in:
- Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
- Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- Diploma of Leadership and Management.
We are a proud founding member of the Children First Alliance which launched on Friday 22 September 2017. The ACT Children First Alliance is a network of longstanding not-for-profit providers of children’s services in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT), including early learning centres, family day care, preschool and after school care. Together we operate 46 Early Learning Centres (ELCs) with 3,543 places. The Alliance was established to develop and communicate a shared vision for early childhood education and care (ECEC) in the ACT and to ensure that all children have access to ECEC.
Community Services #1 are incredibly grateful for the monetary and in-kind donation from these organisations as our Sponsorship Partners. Please support these fantastic businesses when you can:
If you are interested in supporting our work, please contact email@example.com for more information.