Community Services #1 (CS#1) provides emotional and practical support to over 2,000 children, women and men every year. Our programs and services across Canberra include early childhood services (child care), transport services, social support groups, Food Pantry, housing support, community breakfasts, Mixed Bag singing group, aged care services, training and health care services (medical and nutrition support for those most vulnerable in our community).
Established in 1987 (formerly known as Southside Community Services), CS#1 works in accordance with its mission and vision: to enable people and enrich lives through community services that enhance quality of life. Our breadth of programs is supported by a dedicated team of staff and volunteers.
The principle objectives of Community Services #1, for which it was established, are to advance social or public welfare so that:
- individuals and families are relieved of poverty, distress or disadvantage
- people are supported and protected across the whole of life
- people are supported to build and achieve goals for their future
- individuals, communities and stakeholders are engaged to create connections and opportunities for people to undertake meaningful roles
- resilient communities are built.
Our services include:
- Five early childhood education and care centres
- Family and Individual Support
- Parenting program
- Venue hire
- Community mini-bus service
- Special care transport
- Community Development
- Home and Community Care
- Case Management
- Centre–based Activities for Home and Community Care Clients
- Regional Assessment Service
- Assistance with Care and Housing for the Aged
- Health Promotion
We are a proud founding member of the Children First Alliance which launched on Friday 22 September 2017. The ACT Children First Alliance is a network of longstanding not-for-profit providers of children’s services in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT), including early learning centres, family day care, preschool and after school care. Together we operate 46 Early Learning Centres (ELCs) with 3,543 places. The Alliance was established to develop and communicate a shared vision for early childhood education and care (ECEC) in the ACT and to ensure that all children have access to ECEC.
Community Services #1 are incredibly grateful for the monetary and in-kind donation from these organisations as our Sponsorship Partners. Please support these fantastic businesses when you can:
If you are interested in supporting our work, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.