Community Services #1 is proud to provide emotional and practical support to thousands of individuals and families across the ACT and NSW.
In the ACT our programs include: 4 Early Education and Care Centres, 2 out of school hours care and holiday programs, aged care services such as home care packages, CHSP, a food pantry, community support including CASP, social support groups, seniors groups, community transport and venue hire.
In NSW across the Murrumbidgee and Southern NSW local health districts we deliver home support services and home care packages.
CS#1 works in accordance with its purpose and mission; connecting people to enrich lives by providing services that enhance quality of life. Our breadth of programs is supported by a dedicated team of staff and volunteers.
The Objective Of Our Services Is To Improve Welfare So That:
- individuals and families are relieved of poverty, distress or disadvantage
- people are supported and protected across the whole of life
- people are supported to build and achieve goals for their future
- individuals, communities and stakeholders are engaged to create connections and opportunities for people to undertake meaningful roles
- resilient communities are built.
Our services include:
- Four early education and care centres
- Two out of school hours care programs located at Mawson Primary and Throsby School.
- Family and individual support
- Community transport
- A food pantry
- Community development programs
- Out of hospital care and home care packages
- Seniors Support Groups & Social Support Groups
- Venue hire
We are a proud founding member of the Children First Alliance. The alliance is a network of longstanding not-for-profit providers of children’s services in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT), including early learning centres, family day care, preschool and after school care.
Together the alliance operates 46 Early Learning Centres (ELCs) with 3,543 places. The Alliance was established to develop and communicate a shared vision for early childhood education and care (ECEC) in the ACT and to ensure that all children have access to ECEC.