Volunteering with Community Services #1
Community Services #1 (CS#1) recognises that Volunteers are the life blood of a community and are important in delivering services to the community and acknowledge that a number of Volunteers are already engaged in a range of activities within different program areas of CS#1
To become a Volunteer with CS#1 you must complete a Volunteer Application Form and have an ACT Working with Vulnerable People card. These documents help us meet our obligations to you, the Volunteer, CS#1 staff and to our community.
All CS#1 Volunteers are provided with a Volunteer Handbook which provides information and background in relation to the policies and procedures that relate to Volunteer work in the organisation.
Areas for Volunteering can include (but may not be limited to):
- Home & Community Care Program
- Special Care Transport
- Social Support
- Centre Based Day Care / Groups (eg: Walk & Talk; Spanish; Croatian; Chinese Social Groups)
- Community Services #1 Pantry
- ACT-Growing Older & Living Dangerously!
- Paint and Play & Family Play
- Gallery on Community Services #1
- Community Services #1 Flats Health Project
- Nordic Walking
- Links to Learning
- English Conversation Group
- Special Projects as they arise
There may also be some limited volunteering opportunities in the Childcare Centres and some limited administration opportunities
What you need to do:
Apply for an ACT Working with Vulnerable People card online or through an ACT Government shopfront, if you don’t already have one.