Community Support Services
Community Support Services provides a range of community programs including:
- Aged Care services
- Community Development
- Community Transport
- CS#1 Pantry (Foodbank)
- Domestic assistance
- Personal care
- Home maintenance
- English Conversation Group
- Social support
- Individual and community transport
- Regional Assessment Service (over 65)
- Nordic Walking for Seniors
- Mixed bag choir
- Paint and Play – outdoor PlaygroupCS#1 Pantry (Foodbank)
The services we provide to the community receive both Commonwealth and ACT Government funding, and are available to communities and individuals both under and over 65 years old.
Our transport services, which consist of a fleet of six cars, two 12 seat vans, and a 22 seat bus— serve residents throughout Canberra with over 9800 trips conducted this year. The bus is equipped with a hydraulic ramp able to support bariatric clients or those with large scooters.
We also provide assistance to people over 65 years of aged who are homeless or facing homelessness through our ACHA program.
We have been responsive to client requests for social support activities under the Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP), which has a strong focus in supporting culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) groups. Some of these activities include:
- Tai Chi
- Dancing (both watching and performing)
- Celebrating cultural days
- Local excursions to Floriade, and the National Multicultural Festival
- Interstate trips to Young for Cherry Picking or Batemans Bay for fish & chips.
- Presentations on topics such as wellness, continence, aged care services, and diabetes.