CS#1 is seeking a vibrant, self-motivated and enthusiastic individual to work closely with our Tender and Grant Manager to achieve our mission to enhance, enable and enrich people’s lives.
- Full-time, fixed-term (6-month contract) position available for an immediate start!
- Free parking and excellent salary packaging
- Be a part of CS#1’s exciting growth journey!
Community Services #1 is profit for purpose organisation, managing and delivering a range of services to meet community needs. We seek out passionate and motivated people who share our connection with the community to join our agile, fun, responsive organisation.
About the role:
The successful candidate will assist our Tender and Grant Manager with all aspects of the proposal generation and grant/bid application process. This may include:
- Identifying and researching opportunities,
- Supporting service model/program development.
- Writing funding or bid submissions from a variety of funding sources.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Support the growth and development of our organisation
- Contribute to the end-to-end management of funding opportunities
Rewards and remuneration:
- Full-time, fixed term role (76 hours/fortnight) available now
- Hourly rate from $42.94, plus superannuation (Social, Community, Home Care, and Disability Services Award Level 5)
- Excellent tax benefits to maximise take-home pay
- Staff health and wellbeing program
- Free parking
- Be part of a supportive, friendly, professional workplace that is making a difference in the lives of people in your community
To be successful in the Tender and Grant Coordinator role, you will:
- Relevant qualifications in business, marketing, fundraising, professional or creative writing or a relevant subject area
- Experience in business development and bid submissions or funding applications
- Strong relationship, networking and communication skills
- Exceptional written skills
- High level analytical and reporting skills
- Demonstrate project management skills.
- Hold an ACT Working with Vulnerable People Card
- Be energetic, agile and responsive with excellent time management skills
- Have advanced knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office
If this sounds like you, apply now! We will shortlist and interview applicants soon, so indicate your interest by emailing your cover letter and resume to CS1Recruitment@communityservices1.org.
To view the full position description click here.
For more information about the recruitment process, please call Riley (People and Culture) on 02 6126 4707.
For more information about the position, please call Mashi de Silva on 02 6126 4742.