OSHC Coordinator – St Michael’s OSHC Program
- Are you looking for a career in Out of School Hours Care? This may be the opportunity you are looking for!
- Be involved in developing the curriculum for a BRAND NEW service
- Be part of a welcoming and supportive team
- Enjoy a healthy work/life balance, including above Award leave benefits
- competitive hourly rate, excellent salary packaging (tax free benefits) and free parking
Community Services #1 is profit for purpose, managing and delivering a range of services designed to meet community needs for over 35 years. We seek out passionate and motivated people who are keen to join our agile, fun, responsive organisation, and who share our connection with community.
We are seeking a Diploma qualified OSHC Coordinator to create amazing experiences for the children at St Michael’s, Kaleen Out of School Hours Care, and to build strong, professional relationships with children, families and staff. The successful applicant will work closely with the Director to lead the team, and will enjoy the benefits and support of being part of a diverse Children Services program.
About the OSHC Coordinator role:
Permanent part time position, (Split shift including Before and After School Care) – (Minimum 60 hours per fortnight). This role comes with a competitive wage $30.84-32.48 per annum (commensurate with experience and Qualification). You will also have access to fantastic benefits, including:
- Generous salary packaging arrangements that can provide up to $18,550 of your gross pay tax free – for a variety of eligible expense items.
- Portable Long Service Leave
- Professional Development
- Face-to-face professional development opportunities
- Online learning management system with access to thousands of courses on professional development, wellbeing and compliance
- Professional development opportunities to take your career to the next level
- Structured performance and 1 on 1 development check ins and secondment opportunities
- Access through our Healthy Me Healthy Us program to a suite of financial, physical, emotional and mental well-being resources such as discounted gym memberships, private health cover and free flu vaccinations
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
We have a culture of ongoing mentoring and learning and development which means we offer our Educators the opportunity to develop their careers as well as their knowledge and skills through our extensive professional learning and mentoring programs.
Moreover, you will be part of an excellent team that truly supports each other and is dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of children
Key accountabilities include:
- Lead day-to-day service operations
- Provide direction and mentoring to team members on activities, supervising and interacting with children
- Build strong, trusting relationships between children, families and team members
- Contribute to the school community-fostering professional trusting relationships
- Support the service Director
Team Leader requirements:
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care (or similar), or completed at least 2 years of full-time study in a degree course with 2 years’ experience working with children over preschool age
- ACT Working with Vulnerable People card
- Current First Aid certificate, including asthma and anaphylaxis
To be successful in the role, you will:
- Have excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Work well under pressure, be proactive and a self-starter
- Be comfortable leading and working as part of a team focused on the children’s learning and wellbeing
- Be passionate about developing happy, capable and confident children through an engaging program
If this sounds like you, apply now! Visit our website to view the position description and indicate your interest by submitting your resume with a cover letter to CS1recruitment@communityservices1.org.
For more information about the recruitment process, please call Jolly (People and Culture) on 02 6126 4717.
For more information about the role, please contact Emily (Operations Director) on 02 6126 4755.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
At Community Services #1 we recognise that our people are multi-dimensional. We take a human approach to create a work environment where all people feel like they can bring their authentic selves to work, every day. We believe that equality drives innovation. Our commitment to accelerating equality starts at the top with our board and CEO and extends across every part of the organisation. This comes to life when our people own the equality agenda, making it part of their jobs – every decision, every day – and feel free to speak up and to act.
We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
Community Services #1 acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we work.
We at Community Services #1 acknowledge that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are the traditional custodians of the land on which we meet, work, live and play. We honor Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples continuous connection to country, water, skies and communities.
We celebrate Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander stories traditions and living cultures and pay our respects to elders past and present.
CS#1 Strongly encourages indigenous and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for employment opportunities with CS#1