Out of Hospital Care Workers – Wagga Wagga
- Ready to drive positive change while supporting and enriching the lives of people in our community?
- Do you feel called to make a difference to the quality of life of people of all ages?
Join CS#1 for opportunities for meaningful work and have an impact with supporting people in the community!
At community services #1 we believe that supporting the elderly is crucial and important within society.
Out of Hospital Care Workers are essential and are currently in demand. A career with CS#1 can offers you a pathway providing progression and career opportunities. As well as provide you with useful skills and abilities that will be valuable in everyday life.
As we continue to grow our services, we also continue to grow out team. We are looking for casual Out of Hospital Care Workers that will be based out of Wagga Wagga to help provide care and support for clients in and around Wagga Wagga region.
Further, you will be supported by an experienced team of community support staff to ensure that the Clients in our care receive the best quality experience.
Make a difference:
We are seeking a caring and responsible Out of Hospital Care Workers to join our professional and supportive Community Support Services Team in a casual role with the opportunity to progress into a permanent role over consistent shifts and availability.
The Team provides support and social programs to maximise our clients’ quality of life and enable them to live independently. As a member of the team, you will provide these services under our Home Care Packages and Out of Hospital Care programs. These Services include ComPacks packages (6 weeks post hospital discharge), SASH packages, and End of Life packages.
In this role, employees will complete minimum 2-hours shifts with clients between 7.00am to 7.00 pm, Monday to Friday. However, the roles doesn’t involve overnight stays, evening shifts or weekends.
- Domestic work (including but not limited to cleaning, laundry, transportation, shopping and preparing meals)
- Supervising or assisting with daily hygiene, such as showering or bathing
- Mobility support
- Maintaining and monitoring the client’s plan, including documentation and progress note keeping
- Positively representing the team through professional and effective communication and liaison with clients, families and relevant professionals
- Maintaining privacy and dignity for the client and have respectful interactions.
CS#1 can offer a wide range of workplace benefits including:
- Casual hourly rate from $36.89 to $37.14 per hour plus 11% superannuation, where shifts are not regular or on going.
- Generous salary packaging arrangements. As a not-for-profit organisation we can support you to increase your take home pay through salary packaging benefits that can provide up to $18,550 of your gross pay tax free – for a variety of eligible expense items including mortgage, rent, meals and accommodation, superannuation, novated lease, and associate lease expenses.
- If you join CS#1, you will receive two weeks of intensive training, regular supervision, and the full support of an experienced team of community support staff all dedicated to ensuring that you are well prepared and supported to provide the high-quality client service our clients expect. Professional Development
- Face-to-face professional development opportunities
- Online learning management system with access to an extensive suite of professional development resources
- Professional development opportunities to take your career to the next level.
- Structured performance and 1 on 1 development check ins and secondment opportunities
- Access through our Healthy Me Healthy Us program to a suite of financial, physical, emotional, and mental well-being resources such as discounted gym memberships, private health cover and free flu vaccinations
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring to the team
To be considered for this role, you’ll hold, or be working towards a Certificate 3 in Community Services, Individual Support (or approved equivalent). If you are part-way through completing your studies, CS#1 will support you complete as you attain your qualification.
You will be required to have or willing to obtain:
- Working with Children’s Check
- National Police Check
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificate
- Drivers Licence and Car
If this sounds like you, apply now! We will shortlist applications and interview soon. Visit our website to view the position description and express your interest by submitting your resume and cover letter to CS1recruitment@communityservices1.org.
For more information about our recruitment process, please call Jolly (People and Culture) on 02 6126 4717 and visit our website to view the Position Description.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
At Community Services #1 we recognise that our people are multi-dimensional. We take a human approach to create a work environment where all people feel like they can bring their authentic selves to work, every day. We believe that equality drives innovation. Our commitment to accelerating equality starts at the top with our board and CEO and extends across every part of the organisation. This comes to life when our people own the equality agenda, making it part of their jobs – every decision, every day – and feel free to speak up and to act.
We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
Community Services #1 acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we work.
We at Community Services #1 acknowledge that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are the traditional custodians of the land on which we meet, work, live and play. We honor Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples continuous connection to country, water, skies and communities.
We celebrate Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander stories traditions and living cultures and pay our respects to elders past and present.
CS#1 Strongly encourages indigenous and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for employment opportunities with CS#1