Casual positions available in the Murrumbidgee LHD : Wagga Wagga, Albury, Griffith and Gundagai.
Out of Hospital Care – Home Care Support Worker
Are you looking for casual work in regional NSW?
Would you consider becoming a home care support worker?
Home care support workers enjoy direct contact with clients helping them live independently at home.
If you are caring and responsible and would like to join our professional and supportive Community Support Services team in a casual role then this might be the job for you.
The team provides support and social programs to maximise our clients’ quality of life and enable them to live independently. As a member of the team you will provide these services under our Home Care Packages and Out of Hospital Care programs. These Services include ComPacks packages (6 weeks post hospital discharge), SASH packages, and End of Life packages.
The Out of Hospital Support Worker is a casual position within the Community Support Services Team. Shifts with the client are between 7:00am and 7:00pm, Monday to Friday. There are occasional shifts on weekends.
- This role does not involve overnight stays or evening shifts. The position is casual with no guarantee of regular or consistent hours.
- Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award, Home Care Employee Level 2
- Hourly rate from $30.33 (including casual loading), plus superannuation
Key accountability areas:
- Domestic work (including but not limited to cleaning, laundry, transportation, shopping and preparing meals)
- Supervising or assisting with daily hygiene, such as showering or bathing
- Mobility support
- Maintaining and monitoring the client’s plan, including documentation and progress note keeping
- Positively representing the team through professional and effective communication and liaison with clients, families and relevant professionals
- Maintaining privacy and dignity for the client and have respectful interactions
Home Care Support Worker requirements:
- Cert III qualification, or studying towards, in Disability, Aged Care, Home and Community Care or similar, OR relevant Support worker experience and willingness to study a relevant qualification (evidence of enrolment required within 3 months of commencement)
- Nursing experience highly regarded
- National Police Record Check
- NSW Working with Children Check
- Current First Aid certificate
- Current flu vaccination
- Up to date with COVID19 vaccination
- Unrestricted current Drivers Licence and own car
To be Successful in this role, you will be:
- Willingness to travel within Murrumbidgee LHD
- Relevant work experience in a similar role
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Understanding of WHS and risk management
- A supportive, friendly and professional workplace that is making a difference for people in your community
- Health & Well-being – We recognise the importance of holistic health through our Employee Mental Health and Well-being Program. Flu vaccinations, mental health literacy and an employee assistance program are just a few of the health benefits you’ll enjoy as a member of our team
- Safety – Our safety culture unpins all that we do. We are proactive, responsive and agile in ensuring that our systems protect our people and the community.
- Learning and Development – Supporting your career mission is as important to us as it is you, we have development and performance catch-ups with our people to understand their aspirations and we offer a range of flexible internal and external learning and development options.
About Community Services #1
Community Services # 1 (CS#1) in partnership with Your Side is managing the New South Wales’ Out of Hospital Care packages for the Albury, Griffith and Wagga Wagga area and supporting the Murrumbidgee Local Hospital District.
Community Services #1 (CS#1) is profit for purpose, managing and delivering a range of services designed to meet community needs for over 35 years. We seek passionate and motivated people who are keen to join our agile, fun, responsive organisation, and who share our view of community.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply now! Indicate your interest by submitting your resume with a cover letter to CS1recruitment@communityservices1.org.
For more information about our recruitment process, please call Riley (People and Culture) on 02 6126 4707.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
At Community Services #1 we recognise that our people are multi-dimensional. We take a human approach to create a work environment where all people feel like they can bring their authentic selves to work, every day.
We believe that equality drives innovation. Our commitment to accelerating equality starts at the top with our board and CEO and extends across every part of the organisation. This comes to life when our people own the equality agenda, making it part of their jobs – every decision, every day – and feel free to speak up and to act.
We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
Community Services #1 acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we work.
We pay our respect to their Elders – past, present and emerging. We recognise their contribution to creating a thriving community through the continuation of cultural, spiritual and educational practices of Australia’s First Peoples.