OSHC Educators – Mawson
Looking for a great casual role in the Woden area?
Our OSHC Educators are responsible for developing close partnerships with children, families, their team and the community to extend the children’s learning and provide a safe environment for play and socialising.
We provide professional and high-quality education and care for up to 99 children every day at Mawson Primary School. Our service operates Before and After School Care during term time and Vacation Care during the school holidays.
- Available to work 7am – 9am and/or 3pm – 6pm during the Semester
- Available between 8.00am – 6.00pm during holiday periods
- Children Services Award: Hourly rate from $27.31 (including casual loading), plus superannuation
OSHC Educator requirements:
- ACT Working with Vulnerable People card (or willingness to obtain)
- Full Australian Working Rights
- National Police check
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Opportunities for career advancement for those studying or looking to study a Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree
- Passionate about developing happy, capable and confident children through an engaging program
- Thrive in a team environment
- Health and Well-being – We recognise the importance of holistic health through our Employee Mental Health and Well-being Program. Flu vaccinations, mental health literacy and an employee assistance program are just a few of the health benefits you’ll enjoy as a member of our team
- Safety – Our safety culture unpins all that we do. We are proactive, responsive and agile in ensuring systems, which protect our people and the community.
- Learning and Development – Supporting your career mission is as important to us as it is you, we have development and performance catch-ups with our people to understand their aspirations and we offer a range of flexible internal and external learning and development options.
About Community Services #1
Community Services #1 (CS#1) is a profit for purpose organization, in the ACT and surrounding NSW regions. Our 200+ employees and volunteers make a difference in the daily lives of the people and families we support through our services designed to meet community needs.
We are always on the lookout for talented, passionate and vibrant people who share our vision. We love people who thrive on giving back, who are solution focused, collaborative and truly believe that together we are better.
At the heart of every great change, are great humans who work together doing incredible things to deliver on our shared values of a better community.
Come and join us, bring your ideas and determination to make a difference and together we can create positive long-lasting change.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply now! Indicate your interest by submitting your resume with a cover letter to CS1recruitment@communityservices1.org.
For more information about our recruitment process, please call Riley (People and Culture) on 02 6126 4707.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
At Community Services #1 we recognise that our people are multi-dimensional. We take a human approach to create a work environment where all people feel like they can bring their authentic selves to work, every day.
We believe that equality drives innovation. Our commitment to accelerating equality starts at the top with our board and CEO and extends across every part of the organisation. This comes to life when our people own the equality agenda, making it part of their jobs – every decision, every day – and feel free to speak up and to act.
We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
Community Services #1 acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we work.
We pay our respect to their Elders – past, present and emerging. We recognise their contribution to creating a thriving community through the continuation of cultural, spiritual and educational practices of Australia’s First Peoples.