CSS Home Care Support Workers
- Ready to make a positive difference in the lives of people in the community who need a little support?
- Do you love working supporting the mature members of the community supporting them to live their best lives from their own home?
- Do you want a flexible work schedule that fits with other priorities in your life?
- Have you cared for a loved one and want to take your lived experience into the workforce?
- If so, read on!
Why Community Services #1?
At CS#1 we work for a community which is varied and diverse and we look for talented individuals who share our values of connecting with people to enrich their lives and provide services and experiences that enhance the quality of their lives. We also strive to be an employer of choice by providing attractive benefits including a workplace culture of flexibility, support, well-being and that supports personal and professional growth.
Join Community Services #1 (CS#1) for opportunities for meaningful work and have an impact with supporting people in the community live their best lives!
At CS#1 we believe that supporting the more mature members of the community is privilege and we encourage our Home Care Support Workers to be thought of as trusted companions for the clients we serve.
Home Care Support Workers are essential and in high demand. A career with CS#1 can offer you a career pathway within the community services sector.
Our commitment to you:
If you join CS#1 we will:
- Set you up for success! – be providing a two week intensive on-boarding program that includes extensive training, buddy shifts, supervisory support and development of an individual performance, development and support plan tailored around your needs and circumstances
- Ensure you receive regular meaningful and ongoing supervisory support
- Ongoing training and professional development support
- Assure immediate access to senior level support whenever and wherever required
- Facilitate access to our employee assistance provider for you and or your loved ones
CS#1 can offer a wide range of workplace benefits including:
- Hourly rate will be between $29.51 to $29.71 plus 11% superannuation
- Generous salary packaging arrangements that can provide up to $18,550 of your gross pay tax free – for a variety of eligible expense items.
- Portable Long Service Leave
- Free Car Parking (Forrest)
- Professional Development
- Face-to-face professional development opportunities
- Online learning management system with access to thousands of courses on professional development, wellbeing and compliance
- Professional development opportunities to take your career to the next level
- Structured performance and 1 on 1 development check ins and secondment opportunities
- Access through our Healthy Me Healthy Us program to a suite of financial, physical, emotional and mental well-being resources such as discounted gym memberships, private health cover and free flu vaccinations
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Importantly the opportunity for personal and professional growth within a supportive team and organisational culture!
What we need
We are looking for full-time and part-time Home Care Support Workers. We also provide the option of casual employment where this can be accommodated based on availability for suitable applicants. CS#1 Home Care Support Workers will be based out of our Head office in Narrabundah to help provide care and support for clients around Canberra.
Once fully trained and embedded into a new Home Care Support Worker role at CS#1 you can expect to receive ongoing professional development and training opportunities to further develop your skills and career.
The Team provides support and social programs to maximise our client’s quality of life and enable them to live independently in their own homes. As a Home Care Worker, you will not be required to perform overnight stays or evening shifts.
Core duties include:
- Domestic work (including but not limited to cleaning, laundry, transportation, shopping, gardening and preparing meals)
- Supervising or assisting with daily hygiene, such as showering or bathing
- Mobility support
- Maintaining and monitoring the client’s plan, including documentation and progress note keeping
- Positively representing the team through professional and effective communication and liaison with clients, families and relevant professionals
- Maintaining privacy and dignity for the client and have respectful interactions
What you need to be successful
To be considered for this role, you’ll hold, or be working towards a Certificate 3 in Community Services, Individual Support (or approved equivalent). If you are part-way through completing your studies, CS#1 will support you complete as you attain your qualification.
You will be required to have or willing to obtain:
- Working Vulnerable People Card
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificate
- Drivers Licence and Car
You must be able to communicate positively and effectively with clients and their families, delivering high quality care services based on the needs and interests of the clients in your care.
This role will see you building strong relationships with our clients, their families in our care and associated services. This will ensure that we continue providing quality services for our clients.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply now! Indicate your interest by submitting your resume with a cover letter to CS1recruitment@communityservices1.org. In your covering letter please indicate best contact arrangements to ensure your expression of interest is considered most efficiently.
For more information about our recruitment process, please call Riley (People and Culture) on 02 6126 4707 and visit our website to view the Position Description.
Community Services #1 acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we work.
We pay our respect to their Elders – past, present and emerging. We recognise their contribution to creating a thriving community through the continuation of cultural, spiritual and educational practices of Australia’s First Peoples.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging means enabling people to bring their full self to work, promoting a human centred, psychologically healthy, and safe environment underpinned by social justice, diversity, equity, inclusion, and a culture of belonging throughout our employee lifecycle