Forrest Early Education and Care Educator
- Do you think about the impact you’d like to have in your career?
- Would you consider a career that lets you leave a lasting impression in the lives of children and their families?
- Competitive wages and salary packaging
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
Join CS#1 for opportunities for meaningful work and have an impact in the education of the children we care for!
At Community Services #1 we believe that the early years of a child’s life are full of questioning and curiosity.
Early Childhood Education and Care is an important career that is currently in demand. Our Educators develop close partnerships with children, families and fellow team members.
A career with CS#1 offers you a pathway providing progression and upskilling opportunities. Benefits such as salary packaging give you the ability to increase your take home pay.
There are a number of full time/part time/casual positions currently available for Certificate 3 Educators and individuals working towards their Certificate 3 in Early Childhood Education and Care at our Forrest Early Education and Care.
You will be supported by an experienced team of educators to ensure that the children in our centres receive the best quality education during such formative years.
Make a real difference
We are seeking a skilled and experienced Educator (or somebody studying their qualifications ready for their next step) to assist the Forrest Team. The Centre provides a warm, friendly environment with excellent care and education through an inclusive play-based curriculum.
In this role, you will support the team leaders and leadership staff in the day-to-day activities of the program and ensure all Families and Children are welcomed and feel a sense of belonging.
- To assist in the recording of individual observations on a regular basis and make suggestions for the planning of appropriate experiences.
- To respect and value each child’s background and culture, and display anti-bias practices throughout the program, routine and interactions.
- To expose the children to a variety of experiences, which will extend interest and stimulate them.
- To assist in the preparation of children’s transitions throughout the Centre.
- To build a positive relationship with the children in order to develop trust between carer, child and parent.
Benefits on offer
This role comes with a competitive wage $21.85-27.02 per hour (commensurate with experience and Qualification). You will also have access to fantastic benefits, including:
- Christmas closure period
- Additional leave
- Well-resourced with inclusive and natural learning environments
- Great leadership support
- Free Parking
- Salary Packaging
- We offer a range of competitive salary packaging benefits that can provide a variety of tax benefits to you including the ability to salary sacrifice your mortgage, rent, meals and accommodation, superannuation, novated leases and associate leases.
- Health and Well-being
- We recognise the importance of holistic health through our Employee Mental Health and Well-being Program. Flu vaccinations, mental health literacy and an employee assistance program are just a few of the health benefits you’ll enjoy as a member of our team
We have a culture of ongoing mentoring and learning and development which means we offer our Educators the opportunity to develop their careers as well as their knowledge and skills through our extensive professional learning and mentoring programs.
Moreover, you will be part of an excellent team that truly supports each other and is dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of children
What you will bring to the team
To be considered for this role, you’ll hold, or be working towards, a Certificate 3 Early Childhood Education and Care (or ACECQA approved equivalent). If you are part-way through completing your studies, CS#1 is happy to consider you. All levels of teaching experience are welcome to apply as CS#1 will support your professional development and offers ongoing training.
You must be able to communicate positively and effectively with children and their families, delivering stimulating educational programs based on the needs and interests of the children in your care.
Most importantly, you will be a caring, positive, and nurturing individual passionate about the growth and development of young children.
This role will see you building strong relationships with our educators, the children in our care and their families. This will ensure that we continue providing quality services and that our children are set up for a bright and successful future.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply now! Indicate your interest by submitting your resume with a cover letter to CS1recruitment@communityservices1.org.
For more information about our recruitment process, please call Riley (People and Culture) on 02 6126 4707.and visit our website to view the Position Description.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
At Community Services #1 we recognise that our people are multi-dimensional. We take a human approach to create a work environment where all people feel like they can bring their authentic selves to work, every day.
We believe that equality drives innovation. Our commitment to accelerating equality starts at the top with our board and CEO and extends across every part of the organisation. This comes to life when our people own the equality agenda, making it part of their jobs – every decision, every day – and feel free to speak up and to act.
We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation. We want a workplace that is inclusive and diverse and we are set bold goals and taking comprehensive action. To achieve these goals, we collect information that allows us to track the effectiveness of our Inclusion and Diversity programs.
Community Services #1 acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we work.
We pay our respect to their Elders – past, present and emerging. We recognise their contribution to creating a thriving community through the continuation of cultural, spiritual and educational practices of Australia’s First Peoples.