Early Education and Care Educators – Forrest and Barton
Would you like to work with an organisation that cares about you and your community?
Educators at Community Services #1 (CS#1) work directly with children and support our Team Leaders to deliver educational programs which foster close connections with children and families through positive interactions.
We know you are spoilt for choice in the Early Education and Care market in Canberra, so why consider joining us?
We strive to be an employer of choice by providing a work life balance with a culture of flexibility, support and wellbeing.
Our Centres offer Long Day Care and are conveniently set in stunning natural environments in Canberra’s inner south – Barton and Forrest, providing supportive learning environments for children. We have interactive outside play spaces, with veggie/flower beds, dedicated workrooms and staff rooms, and separate sleep rooms for the infants. Our purpose designed Centres are first class facilities offering regular and structured care.
We are seeking a skilled and experienced Educators (or somebody studying their qualifications ready for their next step) to assist in are Forrest and Barton Teams. Our centres provide a unique warm, friendly environment with excellent care and education through an inclusive play-based curriculum.
CS#1 can offer a wide range of workplace benefits including:
- Hourly rate will be between $23.11 to $29.48 plus 11% superannuation
- Generous salary packaging arrangements that can provide up to $18,550 of your gross pay tax free – for a variety of eligible expense items.
- Portable Long Service Leave
- Free Car Parking (Forrest)
- Professional Development
- Face-to-face professional development opportunities
- Online learning management system with access to thousands of courses on professional development, wellbeing and compliance
- Professional development opportunities to take your career to the next level
- Structured performance and 1 on 1 development check ins and secondment opportunities
- Access through our Healthy Me Healthy Us program to a suite of financial, physical, emotional and mental well-being resources such as discounted gym memberships, private health cover and free flu vaccinations
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
There are a number of positions currently available from entry level student educators, to Educators and Diploma Educators.
What you will bring to the team
To be considered for this role, you’ll hold, or be working towards a Certificate 3 or Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care. If you are partway through completing your studies, CS#1 will support you to complete your qualification.
You will be required to have or willing to obtain:
- Working Vulnerable People Card
- Australian Work Rights
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply now! Indicate your interest by submitting your resume with a cover letter and best time during normal work day hours for a short phone call to CS1recruitment@communityservices1.org.
For more information about our recruitment process, please call Riley (People and Culture) on 02 6126 4707 and visit our website to view the Position Description.
Community Services #1 acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we work.
We pay our respect to their Elders – past, present and emerging. We recognise their contribution to creating a thriving community through the continuation of cultural, spiritual and educational practices of Australia’s First Peoples.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging means enabling people to bring their full self to work, promoting a human centred, psychologically healthy, and safe environment underpinned by social justice, diversity, equity, inclusion, and a culture of belonging throughout our employee lifecycle