Do you think about the impact you’d like to have in your career?
Would you consider a career that lets you leave a lasting impression in the lives of children and their families?
Early Childhood Education and Care is an important career that is currently in demand. Educators at CS#1 develop close partnerships with children, families and fellow CS#1 team members. They extend children’s learning and implement enriching programs.
A career with CS#1 offers you a pathway giving you the ability to progress and move up through the organisation. Benefits such as salary packaging give you the ability to increase your take home pay.
Early Childhood Teacher – Canberra City or Barton
The Early Childhood Teacher is responsible for developing and delivering preschool programs for children aged 3–6 years and ensuring the smooth operation of the preschool room, providing direction and mentoring to team members. We are currently seeking an early Childhood Teacher to join our Binara (Canberra City) Early Education and Care Centre to lead our preschool room and assist with programming and developing curriculum based activities for our children and clients.
- Permanent full-time position – 76 hours/fortnight
- Annual salary from $67,800 (Educational Services (Teachers) Award)
- Excellent salary packaging tax benefits to maximise take-home pay and above Award leave
Key accountabilities include:
- Prepare, deliver and lead a developmentally appropriate learning program that contributes to each child’s interest and emotional, social wellbeing.
- Build and engage in professional and respectful communication with families, children and educators
- Record observations, either individually or in groups and chare information to families.
- Maintain records for the purpose of program planning and developmental assessments of the children’s learning.
- Be confident and articulate in early childhood pedagogy and practice
- Be committed to continuous professional development and apply learning to the program
- committed and nurturing relationships with children and families
Early Childhood Teacher requirements:
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education (or equivalent), or working towards
- First Aid certificate + CPR certificate
- ACT Working with Vulnerable People Card
- Full time Australian working rights
- National Police Check
To be Successful in this role, you will be:
- Relevant work experience in a similar role
- Collaborate and provide inclusion support and care for our diverse workforce and clients
- Understanding of programming and development techniques for preschool children
- A supportive, friendly and professional workplace that is making a difference for people in your community
- Salary Packaging – We offer a range of competitive salary packaging benefits that can provide a variety of tax benefits to you including the ability to salary sacrifice your mortgage, rent, meals and accommodation, superannuation, novated leases and associate leases.
- Health and Well-being – We recognise the importance of holistic health through our Employee Mental Health and Well-being Program. Flu vaccinations, mental health literacy and an employee assistance program are just a few of the health benefits you’ll enjoy as a member of our team
- Safety – Our safety culture unpins all that we do. We are proactive, responsive and agile in ensuring systems, which protect our people and the community.
- Learning and Development – Supporting your career mission is as important to us as it is you, we have development and performance catch-ups with our people to understand their aspirations and we offer a range of flexible internal and external learning and development options.
About Community Services #1
Community Services #1 (CS#1) is a profit for purpose organization, in the ACT and surrounding NSW regions. Our 200+ employees and volunteers make a difference in the daily lives of the people and families we support through our services designed to meet community needs.
We are always on the lookout for talented, passionate and vibrant people who share our vision. We love people who thrive on giving back, who are solution focused, collaborative and truly believe that together we are better.
At the heart of every great change, are great humans who work together doing incredible things to deliver on our shared values of a better community.
Come and join us, bring your ideas and determination to make a difference and together we can create positive long-lasting change.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply now! Indicate your interest by submitting your resume with a cover letter to CS1recruitment@communityservices1.org.
For more information about our recruitment process, please call Riley (People and Culture) on 02 6126 4707.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
At Community Services #1 we recognise that our people are multi-dimensional. We take a human approach to create a work environment where all people feel like they can bring their authentic selves to work, every day.
We believe that equality drives innovation. Our commitment to accelerating equality starts at the top with our board and CEO and extends across every part of the organisation. This comes to life when our people own the equality agenda, making it part of their jobs – every decision, every day – and feel free to speak up and to act.
We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
Community Services #1 acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we work.
We pay our respect to their Elders – past, present and emerging. We recognise their contribution to creating a thriving community through the continuation of cultural, spiritual and educational practices of Australia’s First Peoples.