Compliance, Risk and Quality Manager – Narrabundah, ACT
Ready to drive positive change while supporting and enriching the lives of people in our community?
Do you feel called to make a difference to the quality of life of people of all ages?
Are you deeply committed to connecting with people and building a stronger community? If so, read on!
Community Services #1 is seeking a professional and motivated Compliance, Risk and Quality manager to be a pivotal role in ensuring an effective operation and provide continuous improvements to the Community Services. We are excited to offer this fantastic opportunity to the right person and we are looking forward to enjoying the benefits of having new talent elevate our workplace culture.
About the role:
Reporting to the Executive Director of Community Services, the Compliance, Risk and Quality Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of service delivery regulatory compliance and proactively identifying and managing service delivery risks. Pursuit of service delivery quality improvements is also an importance priority.
The successful applicant will champion quality practice and continuous improvement to compliance management. The Manager will develop, implement, and evaluate internal compliance programs ensuring they are fit-for-purpose and cyclic throughout the year reporting on gaps, trends, and risks.
This position is an integral part of our organisation and will work in close partnerships with program managers and CS#1 Executive to make a meaningful difference to the organisation’s quality and risk related business processes.
To be successful in this role:
To be successful in the Manager role, you will be proactive and attentive, with demonstrated experience in risk management and compliance particularly related to service delivery programs.
This position is responsible for ensuring strong financial sustainability, compliance, and growth of CS#1 Centres through professional and effective leaderships.
You will have:
- Diploma or bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- National Police Check
- ACT Working with Vulnerable People Card.
- Working with Children Check.
- Current Covid 19 vaccinations in line with Government requirements
- Current Driver Licence
- First Aid and CPR certification (or willingness to obtain).
- Knowledge of early childhood education and aged care regulations and licensing standards.
- Demonstrated effective research and report writing skills, including the ability to provide complex compliance written advice including workplace investigation reports.
- Workplace Health and Safety leadership experience.
- Exceptional leadership and team management abilities.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organisational skills.
Compliance, Risk and Quality Manager rewards:
- Permanent full-time position (76 hours/fortnight), based in Narrabundah, with travel across the ACT and within the Riverina and Southern NSW.
- Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 – Level 6
- Annual salary negotiable from $93,860 to $98,108 commensurate with qualifications
- Generous salary packaging arrangements that can provide up to $18,550 of your gross pay tax free – for a variety of eligible expense items.
- Portable Long Service Leave
- Free Car Parking at Head Office
- Laptop and mobile
- Travel reimbursement
- Online learning management system with access to thousands of courses on professional development, wellbeing and compliance
- Career advancement opportunities
- Structured performance and 1 on 1 development check ins and secondment opportunities
- Access through our wellbeing program to a suite of financial, physical, emotional and mental well-being resources such as discounted gym memberships, private health cover and free flu vaccinations
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
About Community Services #1
Community Services #1 (CS#1) is a profit for purpose organisation, in the ACT and surrounding NSW regions. Our 200+ employees and volunteers make a difference in the daily lives of the people and families we support through our services designed to meet community needs.
We are always on the lookout for talented, passionate and vibrant people who share our vision. We love people who thrive on giving back, who are solution focused, collaborative and truly believe that together we are better.
Come and join us, bring your ideas and determination to make a difference and together we can create positive long-lasting change.
If this sounds like you, apply now! Indicate your interest by submitting your resume with a cover letter to CS1Recruitment@communityservices1.org.
For more information about our recruitment process, please call Linda (People and Culture Coordinator) on 02 6126 4736.
For more information about the position, please call Karen Pollard on 02 6126 4701
Community Services #1 acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we work.
We pay our respect to their Elders – past, present and emerging. We recognise their contribution to creating a thriving community through the continuation of cultural, spiritual and educational practices of Australia’s First Peoples.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging means enabling people to bring their full self to work, promoting a human centred, psychologically healthy, and safe environment underpinned by social justice, diversity, equity, inclusion, and a culture of belonging throughout our employee lifecycle