Early Education and Care – Educators
Do you think about the impact your career will have?
Would you consider a career that lets you leave a lasting impression in the lives of children and their families?
Early Childhood Education is an important career that is currently in demand. Educators at CS#1 develop close partnerships with children, families and fellow CS#1 team members. They extend children’s learning and implement enriching programs.
A career with CS#1 offers you a pathway giving you the ability to progress and move up through the organisation. Benefits such as salary packaging give you the ability to increase your take home pay.
There are a number of positions currently available from entry level student educators, to Educators and Diploma Educators.
We are seeking educators that can assist and be involved with the implementation of programs for children in our care centres. Our educators are responsible for building positive relationship with the children, parents and the rest of the team, to develop trust between carer, child and parent.
- Casual positions available
- Hourly rate between $27.31 and $33.77, commensurate with qualifications and experiences, plus superannuation
Diploma educators are responsible for developing close partnerships with children, families, their team and the community to extend the children’s learning and support them in their choices,
- Casual position available now
- Opportunities for career advancement for those who are studying or have received their Diploma
- Hourly rate between $34.85 and $35.76, commensurate with qualifications and experiences, plus superannuation
- Student Educator – (To be enrolled in a Cert 3 or Diploma in Children Services or Early Education and Care)
- Educator – Cert 3 in Children’s Services ( or be currently studying)
- Diploma Educator – Diploma in Children’s Services (or be currently studying)
- Unrestricted Australian working rights
- ACT Working with Vulnerable People Card
- National Police Check
To be Successful in these roles, you will have:
- Passionate about developing happy, capable and confident children through an engaging early education and care program
- Thrive in a team environment
- Health and Well-being – We recognise the importance of holistic health through our Employee Mental Health and Well-being Program. Flu vaccinations, mental health literacy and an employee assistance program are just a few of the health benefits you’ll enjoy as a member of our team
- Safety – Our safety culture unpins all that we do. We are proactive, responsive and agile in ensuring systems, which protect our people and the community.
- Learning and Development – Supporting your career mission is as important to us as it is you, we have development and performance catch-ups with our people to understand their aspirations and we offer a range of flexible internal and external learning and development options.
About Community Services #1
Community Services #1 (CS#1) is a profit for purpose organisation, in the ACT and surrounding NSW regions. Our 200+ employees and volunteers make a difference in the daily lives of the people and families we support through our services designed to meet community needs.
We are always on the lookout for talented, passionate and vibrant people who share our vision. We love people who thrive on giving back, who are solution focused, collaborative and truly believe that together we are better.
At the heart of every great change, are great humans who work together doing incredible things to deliver on our shared values of a better community.
Come and join us, bring your ideas and determination to make a difference and together we can create positive long-lasting change.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply now! Indicate your interest by submitting your resume with a cover letter to CS1Recruitment@communityservcies1.org.
For more information about our recruitment process, please call Riley (People and Culture Officer) on 02 6126 4707.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
At Community Services #1 we recognise that our people are multi-dimensional. We take a human approach to create a work environment where all people feel like they can bring their authentic selves to work, every day.
We believe that equality drives innovation. Our commitment to accelerating equality starts at the top with our board and CEO and extends across every part of the organisation. This comes to life when our people own the equality agenda, making it part of their jobs – every decision, every day – and feel free to speak up and to act.
We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation. We want a workplace that is inclusive and diverse and we are set bold goals and taking comprehensive action. To achieve these goals, we collect information that allows us to track the effectiveness of our Inclusion and Diversity programs.
Community Services #1 acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we work.
We pay our respect to their Elders – past, present and emerging. We recognise their contribution to creating a thriving community through the continuation of cultural, spiritual and educational practices of Australia’s First Peoples.