Specialised Domestic Support Officer
- Ready to drive positive change while supporting and enriching the lives of people in our community?
- Do you feel called to make a difference to the quality of life of people of all ages?
- Are you deeply committed to connecting with people and building a stronger community? If so, read on!
Join CS#1 for opportunities for meaningful work and have an impact with supporting people in the community!
At Community Services #1 we believe that supporting the community is crucial and important within society.
Our current Specialised Domestic Support Officer will be going on Maternity Leave until the 1st of December, 2023. Thus, we are looking for a Permanent Full-Time officer on a fixed term contract to assist our Community Support Services Team.
You will be based out of our Head Office in Narrabundah and will be supported by an experienced team of community support staff to ensure that our clients receive the best quality care and support.
Make a difference:
We are seeking a Specialised Domestic Support Officer to join our robust Community Support Services Team. The position will work within the community and with the assistance of other agencies to provide practical, advisory and supportive services for people requiring expert assistance managing their hoarding and squalor condition.
- Provide specialist hoarding and squalor outreach case coordination services, advice and support in collaboration with other community support service providers.
- Adhere to case management principles when working with complex cases.
- Maintain accurate client information records, whilst adhering to ethical privacy and confidentiality principles.
- Assist with collection of data and statistics for reporting purposes.
Benefits on Offer:
This role comes with a competitive wage $39.26-42.25 per hour (commensurate with experience and Qualification). You will also have access to fantastic benefits, including:
- Additional leave
- Well-resourced with inclusive and natural learning environments
- Great leadership support
- Salary Packaging
- Free Parking
- We offer a range of competitive salary packaging benefits that can provide a variety of tax benefits to you including the ability to salary sacrifice your mortgage, rent, meals and accommodation, superannuation, novated leases and associate leases.
- Health and Well-being
- We recognise the importance of holistic health through our Employee Mental Health and Well-being Program. Flu vaccinations, mental health literacy and an employee assistance program are just a few of the health benefits you’ll enjoy as a member of our team
We have a culture of ongoing mentoring and learning and development which means we offer our staff the opportunity to develop their careers as well as their knowledge and skills through our extensive professional learning and mentoring programs.
Moreover, you will be part of an excellent team that truly supports each other and is dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of children
What you will bring to the team
To be considered for this role, you’ll hold, or be working towards, Certificate for in Community Services or Social Housing (or approved equivalent). If you are part-way through completing your studies, CS#1 is happy to consider you. All levels of teaching experience are welcome to apply as CS#1 will support your professional development and offers ongoing training.
Further you will be required to have or willing to obtain:
- Working Vulnerable People Card
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current Drivers Licence and Car
You must be able to communicate positively and effectively with clients and their families, delivering diverse communication skills including the ability to liaise effectively with other agencies, and demonstrated ability to relate to individuals in need of support.
This role will see you building strong relationships with our Clients and their families. This will ensure that we continue providing quality services that allow or community to keep their independence.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply now! Indicate your interest by submitting your resume with a cover letter to CS1recruitment@communityservices1.org.
For more information about our recruitment process, please call Riley (People and Culture) on 02 6126 4707 and visit our website to view the Position Description.
Further for more information about the position, please call Romney (Community and Wellbeing Manager) on 02 6126 4702.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
At Community Services #1 we recognise that our people are multi-dimensional. We take a human approach to create a work environment where all people feel like they can bring their authentic selves to work, every day.
We believe that equality drives innovation. Our commitment to accelerating equality starts at the top with our board and CEO and extends across every part of the organisation. This comes to life when our people own the equality agenda, making it part of their jobs – every decision, every day – and feel free to speak up and to act.
We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation. We want a workplace that is inclusive and diverse and we are set bold goals and taking comprehensive action. To achieve these goals, we collect information that allows us to track the effectiveness of our Inclusion and Diversity programs.
Community Services #1 acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we work.
We pay our respect to their Elders – past, present and emerging. We recognise their contribution to creating a thriving community through the continuation of cultural, spiritual and educational practices of Australia’s First Peoples.
To apply for this job email your details to Riley.ODea@communityservices1.org