CS#1 Coronavirus update
To stay up to date with the latest announcements from Community Services #1 in relation to COVID-19, visit our new dedicated webpage with regular updates: https://communityservices1.org/covid. This includes Frequently Asked Questions.
To find out the latest from ACT Health visit: https://www.covid19.act.gov.au/
A MESSAGE FROM COMMUNITY SERVICES’S #1 CEO:
Dear CS#1 clients, families and community,
In light of the uncertainty we all face with the outbreak of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), please find below an update on the steps we are taking as an agency to ensure we are planned for all scenarios. CS#1 is following the advice of the ACT Health Directorate and closely monitoring the situation to ensure that all the service we provide remain safe and are of the highest standard. The safety of our clients and community is our highest priority.
Health authorities have advised that maintaining good hygiene is critical and some simple precautions can reduce your chances of being infected or spreading COVID-19. Click here to read the latest advice from the World Health Organisation (WHO). Our own precautions include:
- We have set up hand sanitisers at our Head Office reception and in the foyers of our early learning services
- All of our client transport vehicles have been provided with hand sanitizers and wipes
- Our Home support workers continue best practices in regards to personal care and have the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- We have supplies of gloves, antibacterial gel and other safety equipment and we will ensure staff are using these
- We will be implementing client screening questions for our Regional Assessment Service and Home Support Workers before our staff attend our client’s homes
- All of our staff will receive online training in understanding COVID-19.
We will be sending regular emails and newsletters to clients and families that use our services to keep them updated. You can follow us on social media for regular updates too.
Community comes first
While COVID-19 presents an enormous challenge for everyone, we assure you that Community Services #1 will take every step to offer a full service to you and protect the health and safety of our team at all times. We are actively working with health authorities to seek regular advice so we can prepare for any situation.
We advise people to follow the advice from the Government in relation to self-quarantining. Please follow the link below for further information:
In the coming weeks we will continue to be in contact with you as further information becomes available.