Casual Educators – Out of School Hours Care
This is a great opportunity to get involved in school aged care with a quality before and after school care program at Mawson Primary School.
- Multiple casual positions available now
- Welcoming environment for those passionate about early years education
- Above Award salary and free parking
Community Services #1 is profit for purpose, managing and delivering a range of services designed to meet community needs for over 35 years. We seek out passionate and motivated people who are keen to join our agile, fun, responsive organisation, and who share our connection with community.
We are seeking a vibrant and motivated Educators to work in a quality before and after school care program at Mawson Primary School.
If you love working with children and have a passion to educate and support their choices, please read on. This role requires working well with and supporting a team.
About our OSHC Educator opportunity:
We are looking casual educators to join and support our before and after school care program at Mawson Primary School.
Our educators are responsible for developing close partnerships with the children, families, other teams and the community to extend the children’s learning and provide a safe environment for play and socialising.
This opportunity falls under the Children’s Services Award and attracts an hourly pay rate ranging from $20.76 to $26.35, commensurate with qualification and experience, plus superannuation.
You will be offered:
- Base hourly rate between $20.76 and $26.35, commensurate with qualification and experience – casuals will receive an additional 25% loading in lieu of receiving leave benefits (total hourly rate between $25.95 and $32.94)
- A supportive, friendly and professional workplace that is committed to providing Canberra children with excellent early education and care
- Staff health and wellbeing program
- Free car parking
OSHC Educator requirements:
- Able to work 7am to 9am and/or 3pm to 6pm
- ACT Working with Vulnerable People card (or be willing to acquire one)
- Cert IV or Diploma in Outside School Hours Care, Children’s Services or other relevant field – desirable
- Passionate about developing happy, capable and confident children through an engaging program
- Thrive in a team environment
If this sounds like you, apply now! Indicate your interest in this exciting opportunity by emailing your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be shortlisting and interviewing soon.
For further information about our vacancies and recruitment process, please call Chloe in People and Culture on 02 6126 4710.
Please see position description: OSHC Educator