Regional Assessment Services (RAS) Assessor
Community Services #1 is profit for purpose, managing and delivering a range of services designed to meet community needs in Canberra and NSW. We seek out passionate and motivated people who are keen to join our agile, fun, responsive organisation, and who share our connection with community.
If you are a trained RAS Officer and are interested in working with a supportive and friendly team to support older people in the community, please read on!
About the role:
The Regional Assessment Service (RAS) is a National service established by the Commonwealth Department of Social Services. The RAS provides a standardised approach to in-home assessments for people aged 65 and over or aged 50 and over for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who require low intensity home support services to enable them to remain living independently for as long as possible.
The RAS Assessor is a key member of the Community Support Services team in Canberra, and is responsible for undertaking face-to-face assessments using the National Screening and Assessment Form (NSAF) with the My Aged Care Assessor Portal, create support plans and link clients with a service delivery to provide assistance . The successful applicants will understand key issues facing older people in our community and be passionate about supporting older people to remain living independently in their own home while maintaining an active, socially-connected lifestyle.
We are seeking trained and experienced Regional Assessment Service (RAS) Assessors to join our organisation in casual positions.This position would ideally suit candidates who are seeking a casual role with 2-3 days work a week and extra days when permanent staff are on leave.
- Casual positions available now in Canberra
- Social Community Home Care and Disability Services Award Level 4
- Hourly rate from $46.93/hour (including casual loading) + super, commensurate with level of experience
To be successful in the RAS Assessor role, you will have:
- SA02 Statement of Attainment – Home Support Assessor (mandatory)
- Have Experience as a My Aged Care Regional Assessment Service (RAS) Assessor
- Knowledge and experience with Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) and Aged Care system
- Demonstrated equivalent Certificate IV qualification in relevant fields such as Home Care or Aged Care, or equivalent work experience
- ACT Working with Vulnerable People Card
- First Aid Certificate
- Evidence of COVID vaccinations in line with Government requirements
- Unrestricted driver licence
- Genuine interest in working with older people and passion for enabling active, independent living in the local community
- Excellent communication, community engagement and relationship building skills
- Comfort working independently off-site to meet and assess clients in their homes
- Excellent administration and computer literacy
Why work with us?
- Employee Assistance Program
- We support EEO principles and have a smoke free environment
- Employees are provided with PPE
- The opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives working for a leading community organisation
- Flexible working arrangements (including WFH)
- Staff Health and Wellbeing Program
- Friendly Supportive Team
- Ongoing training and development
If this sounds like you, apply now! We will be shortlisting and interviewing applicants soon, so visit the Careers page on our website to view the position description and submit your resume with a cover letter for consideration to email@example.com.
For more information, please call Linda on 02 6126 4736.
Community Services #1 acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we work. We pay our respect to their Elders – past, present and emerging. We recognise their contribution to creating a thriving community through the continuation of cultural, spiritual and educational practices of Australia’s First Peoples.