Qualified Early Education and Care Educators and Qualified OSHC Educators
Community Services #1 is profit for purpose, managing and delivering a range of services designed to meet community needs for over 35 years. We seek out passionate and motivated people who are keen to join our agile, fun, responsive organisation, and who share our connection with community.
We have five early education and care services in Canberra City, Barton, Forrest and Narrabundah, featuring fantastic play spaces and beautiful learning environments, with natural outside play areas. We also run the Mawson Out-of-School-Hours-Care before and after school care and school holiday programs.
We are looking for qualified and experienced people to continue their careers with our Children Services Executive Program. If you love working with children, and have a passion to educate and support their choices, please read on. This role requires working well in and supporting the team.
Our Educators are responsible for developing close partnerships with the children, families, other teams and the community to extend children’s learning and support them in their choices, to implement enriching programs in accordance with the Early Years Learning Framework, the My Time, Our Place Framework, the National Quality Standards and CS#1’s policies and procedures.
The Early Childhood Educator Role
The role of the Early Childhood Educator is to work as part of a team to create a warm and inclusive environment for children, and provide quality education and care services for children and families.
The role will entail:
- Assisting with the implementation of programs and experiences to meet the needs of individual children
- Contributing to the completion of documentation of children’s skills and interests that includes a clear cycle of reflective practice
- Ensuring the physical environment is well maintained
- Engaging in professional communication with families and caregivers
- Completed Certificate III in Education and Care qualification
- ACT Working with Vulnerable People Card
- The ability to understand and implement EYLF & NQS requirements
The OSHC Role
We have a before and after school, and vacation care program at Mawson Primary School.
Our OSHC Educators are responsible for developing close partnerships with the children, families, other teams and the community to extend children’s learning and support them in their choices, to implement enriching programs in accordance with the My Time, Our Place Framework.
This is excellent opportunity for an OSHC First Qualified Educator to extend the current program while adding your own ideas to take this service to the next level.
- be considered a qualified educator by ACT regulations (have a Diploma in Children’s Services or completed the equivalent of at least 2 years of full time study in a degree course and has two years experience working with children over preschool age
- have Working with Vulnerable People Card
- have Current and valid First Aid, Anaphylaxis and Asthma certificates or willing to obtain
- have availability Monday to Friday for shifts from 7:00am-9:15am and 2:30pm – 6:00pm
- have availability to work Vacation Care program
- have a supportive, friendly and professional workplace that is committed to providing Canberra children with excellent learning and care experiences
- have access to PBI salary sacrificing benefits, significantly increasing take-home pay
- Wellness program
- Flexible working hours (PT and casual)
If this sounds like you, apply now! Indicate your interest by submitting your resume to CS1Recruitment@communityservices1.org.
For more information, please call Chloe on 02 6126 4710.