Early Education and Care Educator
Community Services #1 is profit for purpose, managing and delivering a range of services designed to meet community needs for over 35 years. We seek out passionate and motivated people who are keen to join our agile, fun, responsive organisation, and who share our connection with community.
We have six early education and care services in Canberra City, Barton, Forrest and Narrabundah, featuring fantastic play spaces and beautiful learning environments, with natural outside play areas. We also run the Mawson Out of School Hours Care and School Holiday programs.
If you love working with children, and have a passion to educate and support their choices, please read on!
About the role:
Our educators are responsible for developing close partnerships with children, families, their team and the community to extend the children’s learning and support them in their choices, and to implement enriching programs in accordance with the EYLF, NQS, and CS#1’s policies and procedures.
- Casual positions available now (permanent positions may be considered)
- Opportunities for career advancement for those studying or looking to study a Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree
- Hourly rate between $24.46 and $27.02, commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus superannuation and casual loading
- Staff Health and Wellbeing program, including additional leave to help you refresh your mind and body
- ACT Working with Vulnerable People card (or be willing to acquire one)
- Cert III in Early Childhood Education and Care, or equivalent
- Compliance with current ACT Government COVID vaccination requirements
- Passionate about developing happy, capable and confident children through an engaging early education and care program
- Thrive in a team environment
If this sounds like you, apply now! View the position description below and indicate your interest by submitting your resume with a cover letter to CS1recruitment@communityservices1.org.
For more information, please call Linda on 02 6126 4736.
Position description: Educator
Community Services #1 acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we work. We pay our respect to their Elders – past, present and emerging. We recognise their contribution to creating a thriving community through the continuation of cultural, spiritual and educational practices of Australia’s First Peoples.