Outreach Officer – Commonwealth Assistance and Support Program
Applications close Wednesday 7 April at 5:00pm.
- Permanent part-time position available now – 50 hours/fortnight
- Above Award leave benefits, excellent salary packaging and free parking
- Enjoy a healthy work-life balance with a supportive management team
Community Services #1 is profit for purpose, managing and delivering a range of services designed to meet community needs for over 35 years. We seek out passionate and motivated people who are keen to join our agile, fun, responsive organisation, and who share our connection with community.
We are seeking an experienced Commonwealth Assistance and Support Program (CASP) Officer to provide practical assistance, information and referrals to support clients who may not be eligible for NDIS, are under 65 years of age, and require home and community care supports due to difficulties with daily living activities arising from a health condition.
About the role:
- Permanent part-time position (50 hours/fortnight)
- Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award, Social and Community Services Level 4
- Hourly rate between $36.62 and $39.40, commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus super
- Excellent salary packaging options that allow you to spend $18,550 of your pre-tax salary on everyday expenses (eg. rent, mortgage, groceries, school fees, etc) and entertainment (eg. eating out), significantly increasing your take home pay. Other packaging options are also available (eg. superannuation, leasing a car)
- Staff health and wellbeing program, including additional leave to help you refresh your mind and body
- Free parking at Head Office
Outreach CASP Officer requirements:
- Demonstrated equivalent Certificate IV qualifications in relevant fields such as Community Services or Community Development, or equivalent work experience
- Sound knowledge of the CASP services
- Sound knowledge in assisting clients with short term or intermittent health issues to access relevant support services
- Demonstrated ability to liaise effectively with other agencies and organisations, and to relate to individuals in need of support
- ACT Working with Vulnerable People card
- Current drivers licence and own car
- Current first aid certificate
To be successful in the Outreach CASP Officer role, you will be:
- Genuinely interested in working with older people
- Passionate about enabling active, independent living across the local community
- An excellent communicator with advanced community engagement and relationship building skills
- Comfortable working independently off-site to meet and assess clients in their homes
- Someone with excellent administration and computer literacy
If this sounds like you, apply now! View the position description below and submit your resume with a cover letter to CS1recruitment@communityservices1.org for consideration.
For more information, please call Chloe (People and Culture) on 02 6126 4710.
Please see position description: Outreach CASP Officer