Outreach CASP Officer
Community Services #1 is a community based, profit for purpose organisation, managing and delivering a range of services designed to meet community needs. We seek out passionate and motivated people whose beliefs align with our Vision, Mission and Values to join our agile, fun, responsive and who share our view of community.
We are seeking an experienced Outreach Commonwealth Assistance and Support Program (CASP) Officer to provide practical assistance, information and referrals to support clients, who may not be eligible for NDIS, are under 65 years of age, and require home and community care supports due to difficulties with daily living activities arising from a health condition.
Outreach CASP Officer details:
- Part time position – 25 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Social Community Home Care and Disability Services Education Award- level 4
- Base hourly rate is between $35.71 to $38.42 commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus 9.5% super
- CS#1 has Public Benevolent Institute status, significantly increasing take-home pay through decreased tax liability for those who choose to access the benefit.
- Free parking at usual workplace
Outreach CASP Officer requirements:
- demonstrated equivalent Certificate IV qualifications in relevant fields such as Community Services or Community Development
- demonstrated knowledge and experience of CASP services
- demonstrated knowledge of assisting clients with short term or intermittent health issues to access relevant support services
- demonstrated ability to liaise effectively with other agencies and organisations, and relate to individuals in need of support
- ACT Working With Vulnerable People Card
- current drivers licence and car
- current First Aid certificate
You will be:
- genuinely interested in working with older people
- passionate about enabling active, independent living across the local community
- an excellent communicator with advanced community engagement and relationship building skills
- comfortable working independently off-site to meet and assess clients in their homes
- someone with excellent administration and computer literacy
If this sounds like you, apply now! Indicate your interest by submitting your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about our recruitment process, please call Linda (People and Culture Coordinator) on 02 6126 4736. For more information about the role, please call Blair (Access and Development Manager) on 02 6126 4713.