Out of Hospital Care Case Manager
Wagga Wagga, NSW
- Facilitate best health outcomes for clients requiring pre- or post-hospital care
- Join a supportive, friendly workplace
- Excellent salary packaging to increase take home pay
Community Services # 1 in partnership with Your Side is managing the New South Wales’ Out of Hospital Care (OHC) packages for the Murrumbidgee Local Hospital District (LHD). We are looking for passionate and motivated people who are keen to join our agile, fun, responsive organisation, and who share our commitment to community development.
If you are excited by new challenges and passionate about supporting clients to achieve individual health goals, please read on!
About the role
- Permanent full time position (76 hours/fortnight)
- Based in Wagga Wagga, frequently working in hospitals across the Murrumbidgee LHD
- Annual salary between $74,179 to $79,810, commensurate with qualifications and experience, superannuation and tax benefits to maximise take home pay
- Staff Health and Wellbeing program, including additional leave to help you refresh and manage your total health
Key duties include:
- Maintaining relationships with clinicians including feedback on referrals, services and client outcomes
- Conducting comprehensive client assessments, arranging for service provision to clients, and exiting clients from the program upon service completion
- Developing care and service plans
- Maintaining progress notes, monitoring and adjusting services as needed
- Ensuring exit interviews and transitions to new services are undertaken
- Monitoring package budgets and setting up home care services as needed
- Make referrals to other service providers
To be successful in the Case Manager role, you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in case management across client assessments and planning
- Demonstrated ability to work with clients with diverse cultural, emotional and social needs with health goals ranging from rehabilitation to disability support to end of life
- Strong interpersonal, engagement and relationship building skills
- Availability to travel across the Murrumbidgee LHD and interstate, as required
- Current drivers licence and your own vehicle
- National Police Record Check
- NSW Working with Children Check
- Current first aid certification
- Unrestricted Australian working rights
- Evidence of COVID vaccination
- Evidence of vaccination in accordance with the NSW Ministry of Health Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination Against Specified Infection Diseases Policy Directive requirements for roles that are Risk Category A(2)
If this sounds like you, apply now! View the position description below and submit your resume with a cover letter to CS1recruitment@communityservices1.org.
For more information, please call Chloe (People and Culture) on 02 6126 4710.
Position description: OHC Case Manager
Community Services #1 acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we work. We pay our respect to their Elders – past, present and emerging. We recognise their contribution to creating a thriving community through the continuation of cultural, spiritual and educational practices of Australia’s First Peoples.