Operations Director Children’s Services
- Above Award salary and excellent salary packaging, increasing take home pay
- Enjoy a healthy work-life balance with a supportive management team
- Be part of CS#1’s exciting growth journey – plenty of opportunities to showcase your skills!
Community Services #1 is profit for purpose, managing and delivering a range of services designed to meet community needs for over 35 years. We seek out passionate and motivated people who are keen to join our agile, fun, responsive organisation, and who share our connection with community.
CS#1 is seeking a passionate and motivated Operations Director to provide leadership and operational guidance to a quality Children’s Services program. We are excited to offer this fantastic opportunity to the right person and we are looking forward to enjoying the benefits of having new talent influence our children and workplace culture.
About the role:
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Operations Director is responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of our multiple service locations, with a view to harness opportunities for service growth and employee engagement. The successful applicant will champion quality practice and continuous improvement, and build the capacity of Centre Directors to lead, coach and mentor their teams to ensure we see professional and respectful behaviours demonstrated across services, and deliver quality outcomes for families and children.
The Operations Director will have the support of the CS#1 Executive and Leadership teams to guide and support our Children’s Services Directors in managing day to day operations in line with the Program’s strategic direction.
The successful applicant will build a strong and positive culture for each of our childcare centres aligned with CS#1’s Purpose and Mission.
- Permanent full-time position (76 hours/fortnight)
- Annual salary from $97,000, commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus super (Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award, Social and Community Services Level 7)
- Excellent salary packaging options that allow you to spend $18,550 of your pre-tax salary on everyday expenses (eg. rent, mortgage, groceries, school fees, etc) and entertainment (eg. eating out), significantly increasing your take home pay. Other packaging options are also available (eg. superannuation, leasing a car)
- Above award leave benefits, including 8 additional days of annual leave.
- Free parking at Head Office
- Provided with a laptop.
To be successful in the Operations Director role, you will have:
- Unrestricted Australian working rights
- Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care (or ACEQA approved equivalent) and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- ACT Working with Vulnerable People Card
- Own car and current drivers licence
- Demonstrated experience leading and mentoring Service Directors across multiple locations to deliver strategic outcomes and measurable operational improvement
- Demonstrated experience in successfully creating a culture of continuous improvement and empowering teams and individuals to speak up when they see opportunity for improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience writing reports, policy and procedures, delivering promotional material and mediating positive outcomes for clients and teams
If this sounds like you, apply now! We will be shortlisting and interviewing applicants soon, so view the position description below and submit your resume with a cover letter to CS1recruitment@communityservices1.org for consideration.
For further information about the role, contact Karen (Executive Director Children Services) on 02 6126 4701.
For further information about our recruitment process, contact Chloe (People and Culture) on 02 6126 4710.
Please see position description: Operations Director Children’s Services