Long Day and Out of School Hours Care Educators – multiple casual opportunities
Community Service #1 (CS#1) is a community based not for profit organisation. We manage and deliver a range of community services including community development, family support services, children’s services and aged care programs.We seek out passionate and motivated people who are keen to join our agile, fun, responsive organisation, and who share our view of community.
We have five early education and care services in Canberra City, Barton, Forrest and Narrabundah, featuring fantastic play spaces and beautiful learning environments, with natural outside play areas. We also run the Mawson Out-of-School-Hours-Care before and after school care and school holiday programs.
We are looking for qualified and experienced people to continue their careers with our Children Services Executive Program. If you love working with children, and have a passion to educate and support their choices, please read on. This role requires working well in and supporting the team.
Our Educators are responsible for developing close partnerships with the children, families, other teams and the community to extend children’s learning and support them in their choices, to implement enriching programs in accordance with the Early Years Learning Framework, the My Time, Our Place Framework, the National Quality Standards and CS#1’s policies and procedures.
Casual Educator details
- multiple vacancies across our Early Learning Centres in Canberra City, Barton, Forrest and Narrabundah; Centres are open 7.30am to 6pm, Monday to Friday
- multiple vacancies in our Before School Care (7-9am), After School Care (3-6pm) and School Holiday (7.30am to 6pm) programs, Monday to Friday
- a supportive, friendly and professional workplace that is committed to providing Canberra children with excellent learning and care experiences
- base hourly rate is between $25.95 and $32.94 (including casual loading), commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus 9.5% super
- all permanent staff can access PBI salary sacrificing benefits, significantly increasing take-home pay
Casual Educator requirements
- hold an ACT Working with Vulnerable People card (or be willing to acquire one)
- have a Cert III in Children’s Services (or be currently studying) for Early Learning Centres
- studying tertiary qualifications (Before and After School Care)
- be passionate about developing happy, capable and confident children through an engaging early education and care program
- thrive in a team environment
If this sounds like you, apply now! Indicate your interest by submitting your resume to CS1Recruitment@communityservices1.org.
To read the full position description, click here.
For more information, please call Linda (Capability and Culture Coordinator) on 02 6126 4736.