Out of Hospital Care Support Worker
Casual positions available in the Murrumbidgee LHD : Wagga Wagga, Albury, Griffith and Gundagai.
Community Services # 1 (CS#1) in partnership with Your Side is managing the New South Wales’ Out of Hospital Care packages for the Murrumbidgee Local Hospital District.
CS#1 is profit for purpose, managing and delivering a range of services designed to meet community needs for over 35 years. We seek passionate and motivated people who are keen to join our agile, fun, responsive organisation, and who share our view of community.
We are seeking qualified, caring and responsible In Home Support Workers to join our professional and supportive team in casual roles. The team provides support and social programs to maximise our clients’ quality of life and enable them to live independently in their own homes.
About the role:
The In Home Support Worker is a casual position within the Community Support Services Team. Shifts with the client are between 7:00am and 7:00pm, Monday to Friday. There are occasional shifts on weekends.
Key duties include:
- Domestic work (including but not limited to cleaning, laundry, transportation, shopping and preparing meals)
- Supervising or assisting with daily hygiene, such as showering or bathing
- Mobility support
- Maintaining and monitoring the client’s plan, including documentation and progress note keeping
- Positively representing the team through professional and effective communication and liaison with clients, families and relevant professionals
- Maintaining privacy and dignity for the client and have respectful interactions
This role does not involve overnight stays or evening shifts.
In Home Support Worker requirements:
- Cert III in Disability, Aged Care, Home and Community Care or similar
- National Police Record Check
- NSW Working with Children Check
- Current First Aid certificate
- Current flu vaccination
- Unrestricted current Drivers Licence and own car
- Willingness to travel within Murrumbidgee LHD
- Relevant work experience in a similar role
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Understanding of WHS and risk management
In Home Support Worker rewards:
- Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award, Home Care Employee Level 2
- Above Award hourly rate from $30.15 (including casual loading), plus superannuation
- A supportive, friendly and professional workplace that is making a difference for people in your community
If this sounds like you, apply now! Indicate your interest by submitting your resume with a cover letter to CS1Recruitment@communityservices1.org.
For more information about our recruitment process, please call Chloe (People and Culture) on 02 6126 4710.
Please see position description: OHC – Home Care Support Worker