Home Care Support Workers
Casual positions available now
Community Services #1 (CS#1) is profit for purpose, managing and delivering a range of services designed to meet community needs for over 35 years. We seek passionate and motivated people who are keen to join our agile, fun, responsive organisation, and who share our view of community.
We are seeking qualified, caring and responsible In Home Support Workers to join our professional and supportive team in casual roles. The team provides support and social programs to maximise our clients’ quality of life and enable them to live independently in their own homes.
About the role:
The In-Home Support Worker is a casual position within the Community Support Services Team and reports to the Service Delivery Coordinator. Successful applicants will complete minimum 1-hour shifts with the client between 7:00am and 7:00pm, Monday to Friday. We are currently looking for support workers able to work Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. There are occasional shifts on weekends. Key accountabilities include:
- Domestic work (including but not limited to cleaning, laundry, transportation, shopping and preparing meals)
- Supervising or assisting with daily hygiene, such as showering or bathing
- Mobility support
- Maintaining and monitoring the client’s plan, including documentation and progress note keeping
- Positively representing the team through professional and effective communication and liaison with clients, families and relevant professionals
- Maintaining privacy and dignity for the client and have respectful interactions
This role does not involve overnight stays or evening shifts. The position is casual with no guarantee of hours.
In Home Support Worker requirements:
- Cert III in Disability, Aged Care, Home and Community Care or similar
- ACT Working with Vulnerable People card
- Current First Aid certificate
- Current flu vaccination
- Unrestricted current Drivers Licence and own car
- Willingness to travel within ACT and surrounds
- Relevant work experience in a similar role
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Understanding of WHS and risk management
In Home Support Worker rewards:
- Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award, Home Care Employee Level 2
- Hourly rate from $28.29 (including casual loading), plus superannuation
- Free parking at Head Office
- A supportive, friendly and professional workplace that is making a difference for people in your community
If this sounds like you, apply now! Indicate your interest by submitting your resume with a cover letter to CS1recruitment@communityservices1.org.
For more information about our recruitment process, please call Chloe (People and Culture) on 02 6126 4710.
Please see position description: Home Care Support Worker