Home Care Support Workers – multiple casual opportunities
Community Service #1 (CS#1) is a community based not for profit organisation. We manage and deliver a range of community services including community development, family support services, children’s services and aged care programs. We seek out passionate and motivated people who are keen to join our agile, fun, responsive organisation, and who share our view of community.
About the role
We are seeking qualified, caring and responsible In Home Support Workers to join our professional and supportive team in casual roles. The team provides support and social programs to maximise a client’s quality of life and enable them to continue to live independently in their own homes in the community.
The position involves a minimum of 1 hour shifts to work with the client, which can be worked any hours from 7am to 7pm, dependent on the client’s plan, and some shifts can be completed within school hours, Monday to Friday. There are also occasional shifts on weekends. This role does not involve overnight stays or evening shifts. The position is casual with no guarantee of hours.
In Home Support Worker requirements:
- Australian Working Rights
- ACT Working with Vulnerable People Card
- current First Aid certificate
- current flu vaccination
- access to a reliable vehicle and current drivers licence (will need to travel between clients homes)
- willingness to travel within ACT and surrounds
- relevant work experience in similar role
- Certificate III in Disability, Aged Care or Home and Community Care, or similar
What will you be offered?
- free car parking at Head Office
- remuneration starting from $28.29/hour (including casual loading) + super, commensurate with level of experience (Social Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award, Home Care Employees Level 2)
- a supportive, friendly and professional workplace that is making a difference to people in your community
Key responsibilities include:
- domestic work, which may include but not limited to cleaning, vacuuming, dusting, washing and ironing, transportation to appointments, shopping, preparation and cooking of meals
- supervise or assist with daily hygiene such as showering or bathing
- mobility support to the client such as assistance with sitting, standing, getting in or out of bed or a vehicle with the use of mechanical aids
- maintain and monitor the clients plan, which will include documentation and progress note keeping
- positively representing the team through professional and effective communication and liaison skills with clients, families and relevant professionals
- maintaining privacy and dignity for client and have respectful interactions
- experience or ability to work with limited supervision
- understanding of WHS and risk management
If this sounds like you, apply now! Indicate your interest by submitting your resume to CS1Recruitment@communityservices1.org.
For more information, please call Linda (Capability and Culture Coordinator) on 02 6126 4736 and check out our Home Care Support Worker position description.