Home Care Support Worker – casual opportunities
CASUAL WORK FALLING WITHIN SCHOOL HOURS
Community Services #1 (CS#1) exists to invest in our clients and our community. We seek out passionate and motivated people whose beliefs align with our Vision, Mission and Values to join our agile, fun, responsive and connected Organisation.
About the role
We are seeking caring and effective Home Care Support Workers to join our professional and supportive team in casual roles. The Community Support Services team provide support and social programs to maximise a client’s quality of life and enable them to continue to live independently in their own homes in the community.
The position involves a minimum of 1 hour shifts to work with the client, and can be completed within school hours, Monday to Friday, with occasional shifts on weekends between 7am – 7pm. The position is casual with no guarantee of hours.
Home Care Support Worker requirements:
- Australian Working Rights
- ACT Working with Vulnerable People Card
- current First Aid certificate
- access to a reliable vehicle and current drivers licence
- willingness to travel within ACT and surrounds
- relevant work experience
- qualification in Community Welfare, Aged Care or similar (desirable)
Key responsibilities include:
- domestic work, which may include but not limited to cleaning, vacuuming, dusting, washing and ironing, transportation, shopping, preparation and cooking of meals
- supervise or assist with daily hygiene such as showering or bathing
- mobility support to the client such as assistance with sitting, standing, getting in or out of bed or a vehicle with the use of mechanical aids
- maintain and monitor the clients plan, which will include documentation and progress note keeping
- positively representing the CSS Program through professional and effective communication and liaison skills with clients, families and relevant professionals
- maintaining privacy and dignity for client and have respectful interactions
- experience or ability to work with limited supervision
- understanding of WHS and risk management
What will you be offered?
- free car parking
- remuneration starting from $26.99/hour (including casual loading) + superannuation (Social Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award, Home Care Employees Level 2)
- a supportive, friendly and professional workplace that is making a difference to people in your community
If this sounds like you, apply now! We will shortlist applicants soon, so indicate your interest in this fantastic opportunity by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP!
For further information, please call Linda, Capability and Culture Coordinator, on 02 6126 4736.