Groundskeeper and Maintenance Support – up to 12 month opportunity (back filling parental leave vacancy)
- Flexible hours available
- Casual and temporary roles available now
- Great supportive and friendly team environment
Community Services #1 (CS#1) is a Profit-for-Purpose organisation that has been providing a wide range of services to families and individuals for more than 20 years.
We are looking to employ one or more people to back fill a parental leave vacancy provide timely gardening, maintenance and carpentry and to the CS#1 services based in Narrabundah, Canberra City and the Inner South.
Specifically, we are looking for an experienced, versatile and enthusiastic go-getter who is capable of performing various property maintenance tasks across all CS#1 venues and service locations.
You will be required to provide a wide variety of general maintenance and gardening support, which could include:
- General property repairs and preventative maintenance eg. preparation and painting of walls, changing locks and washers
- General gardening and grounds clearing
- Rubbish removal
- Fencing and gate repairs and/or installations
- Moving furniture or equipment, assembly or repairs
- And much more!
To be successful in the Groundskeeper and Maintenance Support role, you will ideally:
- Have previous trade background or experience in a similar role
- Be able to perform general office environment building maintenance and carpentry skills or an environment with similar requirements
- Have an ability to operate power and hand tools, and reverse a trailer, safely and competently
- To be a professional and able to follow instructions with an attention to detail
- Have an understanding of your WHS obligations
- Be flexible and be reliable
- Have great communication skills
- Have your own transport (with towbar preferred) and a valid driver’s licence
Additional Groundskeeper and Maintenance Support requirements
- Certificate III in relevant trade fields or demonstrated experience
- Asbestos Awareness Certificate
- ACT Working With Vulnerable People card, or the ability to obtain
And we would find desirable:
- 2020 Flu Vaccination
- Construction White Card
- Manual Handling Certificate
- Test and Tag Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
If this sounds like you, apply now! Indicate your interest by emailing your resume and contact details for two referees to email@example.com.
For further information about the role, please call Rosanna on 6126 4742.
For further information about the selection process, please call Linda in People and Culture on 6126 4736.