Coordinate the financial programs, administration and advisory functions of a not-for-profit organisation.
- Immediate start available
- Work in a supportive and friendly team environment
- Free parking and excellent salary packaging to increase take home pay
The wonderful staff at Community Services #1 continue to work to provide essential services for the community in the ACT and NSW and we are searching for new talent to join our Finance team.
We are excited to offer this fantastic opportunity to the right person and we are looking forward to enjoying the benefits of having new talent influence our workplace culture.
If you are interested in working with a supportive and friendly team to carry out the financial function for a not-for-profit organisation, please read on!
Community Services #1 is profit for purpose, managing and delivering a range of services designed to meet community needs for over 35 years. We seek out passionate and motivated people who are keen to join our agile, fun, responsive organisation, and who share our connection with community.
About the role:
Reporting to the Financial Operations Director, the Finance Coordinator performs a range of financial functions, including coordination and administration of routine banking and providing day-to-day support to program managers for their financial management responsibilities. The Finance Coordinator also oversees the workflow for accounts payable and receivable functions, assists with the preparation of monthly financial reports and coordinates data for other finance reporting, compliance and audit requirements.
For more information about the role and key accountabilities, please view the position description below.
- Fixed-term position to November 2022 (maternity leave cover)
- Full time (76 hours/fortnight)
- Annual salary from $84,849, commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus superannuation and tax benefits to maximise take home pay
- Staff health and wellbeing program, including additional leave to help you refresh your mind and body
- Free parking at Head Office
To be successful in the Finance Coordinator role, you will have:
- Unrestricted Australian working rights
- Diploma qualification in fields such as Finance or Accounting, or equivalent work experience
- ACT Working with Vulnerable People Card
- Own car and current drivers licence (desirable)
- Demonstrated ability to apply financial management policies, including fraud and risk assessments, to not-for-profit business operations
- Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor team members to meet deadlines while maintaining a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and administration skills, including computer literacy and familiarity with programs such as Easy Employer, Cloud Payroll, QuickBooks, QikKids and Attaché payroll.
If this sounds like you, apply now! We will be shortlisting and interviewing applicants soon, so view the position description below and submit your resume with a cover letter for consideration to email@example.com.
For more information, contact Chloe (People and Culture) on 02 6126 4710.
Position description: Finance Coordinator
Community Services #1 acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we work. We pay our respect to their Elders – past, present and emerging. We recognise their contribution to creating a thriving community through the continuation of cultural, spiritual and educational practices of Australia’s First Peoples.