Early Education and Care Team Leader
- Be part of a welcoming and supportive team providing leading education
- Above Award leave benefits and excellent salary packaging
- Be part of CS#1’s exciting growth journey – plenty of opportunities to showcase your skills!
Community Services #1 is profit for purpose, managing and delivering a range of services designed to meet community needs for over 35 years. We seek out passionate and motivated people who are keen to join our agile, fun, responsive organisation, and who share our connection with community.
CS#1 has five childcare centres in Canberra, featuring fantastic play spaces and beautiful learning environments, with natural outside play areas. These services are dedicated to early childhood education and play as a vehicle for learning, aiming to provide a safe and fun environment for children, families and staff in the CS#1 family.
We are seeking a Team Leader to lead and be accountable for the day-to-day operations of their room, managing and mentoring a team of educators. The Team Leader will collaborate across the service to develop, implement and evaluate high quality curriculum-based programs for children aged 0-6, build trusting relationships with families and the community and support the Director and Educational Leader to promote a positive learning environment.
About the Team Leader role:
- Permanent full-time position available now – 76 hours/fortnight
- Children’s Services Award, Children’s Services Employee Level 4
- Hourly rate between $30.59 and $32.48, commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus 9.5% super
- Excellent salary packaging options that allow you to spend $18,550 of your pre-tax salary on everyday expenses (eg. rent, mortgage, groceries, school fees, etc) and entertainment (eg. eating out), significantly increasing your take home pay. Other packaging options are also available (eg. superannuation, leasing a car)
- Staff Health and Wellbeing program, including additional leave to help you refresh your mind and body
Key accountabilities include:
- Leading day-to-day room operations
- Provide direction and mentor team members on program activities, supervising and interacting with children and applying care routines
- Create a friendly, secure and stimulating interactive learning environment for children aged 0-6
- Develop and implement age-appropriate curriculum-based experiences and activities, evaluating weekly with team members
- Maintain accurate records of observation for individual children
- Build strong, trusting relationships between children, families and team members
- Support the Director and Educational Leader
To be successful in the Team Leader role, you will have:
- Diploma (or equivalent) in Children’s Services, or working toward
- ACT Working with Vulnerable People card
- Current First Aid Certificate, and anaphylaxis and asthma qualification
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Commitment to improving education and operations in early childhood education
- Sound understanding of early childhood education development and associated standards and guidelines
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement, document and evaluate curriculum-based programs based on individual children’s needs
If this sounds like you, apply now! View the position description below and indicate your interest by submitting your resume with a cover letter to CS1recruitment@communityservices1.org.
For more information, please call Chloe on 02 6126 4710.
Position Description: Team Leader
Community Services #1 acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we work. We pay our respect to their Elders – past, present and emerging. We recognise their contribution to creating a thriving community through the continuation of cultural, spiritual and educational practices of Australia’s First Peoples.