Early Education and Care Team Leader
- Be part of a welcoming and supportive team providing leading education
- Above Award leave benefits and excellent salary packaging
- Be part of CS#1’s exciting growth journey – plenty of opportunities to showcase your skills!
Community Services #1 (CS#1) is profit for purpose, managing and delivering a range of services designed to meet community needs for over 35 years. We seek passionate and motivated people who are keen to join our agile, fun, responsive organisation, and who share our view of community.
CS#1 has five childcare centres in Canberra, featuring fantastic play spaces and beautiful learning environments, with natural outside play areas. These services are dedicated to early childhood education and play as a vehicle for learning, aiming to provide a safe and fun environment for children, families and staff in the CS#1 family.
We are seeking a Team Leader to lead and be accountable for the day-to-day operations of their room, managing and mentoring a team of educators. The Team Leader will collaborate across the service to develop, implement and evaluate high quality curriculum-based programs for children aged 0-6, build trusting relationships with families and the community and support the Director and Educational Leader to promote a positive learning environment.
About the Team Leader role:
- Permanent full-time position available now – 76 hours/fortnight
- Children’s Services Award, Children’s Services Employee Level 4
- Hourly rate between $28.44 and $31.68, commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus 9.5% super
- CS#1 has Public Benevolent Institute status, significantly increasing take-home pay through decreased tax liability for those who choose to access the benefit
- Staff Health and Wellbeing program
The Team Leader sits within the Children Services team and reports to the centre Director. Key accountabilities include:
- Leading day-to-day room operations
- Provide direction and mentor team members on program activities, supervising and interacting with children and applying care routines
- Create a friendly, secure and stimulating interactive learning environment for children aged 0-6
- Develop and implement age-appropriate curriculum-based experiences and activities, evaluating weekly with team members
- Maintain accurate records of observation for individual children
- Build strong, trusting relationships between children, families and team members
- Support the Director and Educational Leader
Team Leader requirements:
- Diploma (or equivalent) in Children’s Services, or working toward
- ACT Working with Vulnerable People card
- Current First Aid Certificate, and anaphylaxis and asthma qualification
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Commitment to improving education and operations in early childhood education
- Sound understanding of early childhood education development and associated standards and guidelines
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement, document and evaluate curriculum-based programs based on individual children’s needs
If this sounds like you, apply now! Indicate your interest by submitting your resume with a cover letter to CS1Recruitment@communityservices1.org.
For more information about our recruitment process, please call Linda (People and Culture Coordinator) on 02 6126 4736.
Please see Position Description: Team Leader.