Early Education and Care Educators – permanent part-time and casual opportunities
- Above Award salary
- Excellent salary sacrificing benefits
- Welcoming environment for those passionate about early years education
Community Services #1 is a community based profit for purpose organisation, we manage and deliver a range of community programs, such as family support services, children’s services and aged care programs. We seek out passionate and motivated people whose beliefs align with our Vision, Mission and Values to join our agile, fun, responsive and connected Organisation.
CS#1’s five Early Education and Care Centres are located in the city and Canberra’s inner-south suburbs of Barton, Forrest and Narrabundah.
Each of our Centres has its own individual identity drawn from our educators, family, children’s voices, culture and heritage. Our services are dedicated to early childhood education and play as a vehicle for learning, and aim to provide a safe and fun environment for all who belong to the CS#1 community.
Available educator roles
We are looking for early education and care educators to provide fantastic learning experiences for children as part of our valued permanent and casual workforce.
All roles fall under the Children’s Services Award with hourly pay rates ranging from $19.80 to $24.41 (casuals receive an additional 25%), commensurate with qualification and experience, plus superannuation.
Our casual roles will suit:
- educators looking to balance work and study, including those looking to increase working hours over the study break
- students who will finish Year 12 in 2018 who have an interest in early childhood education
To be successful in our permanent or casual educator roles, you will:
- be qualified in Certificate III in Children’s Services and be looking to advance your career in a role requiring strong and dedicated work ethic OR
- be experienced in the care and education of young children and looking to complete your Cert III OR
- be experienced in the care and education of young children and looking for casual work over the holidays AND
- work well under pressure, be a proactive self-starter with clear communication skills and an approachable demeanour
- be comfortable working as part of a team with the children’s learning and wellbeing the focus of your attention
- as a casual employee, be willing to support planned and short-notice placements at all or most of our 5 Centres
We require you to have:
- Certificate III in Children’s Services, or a willingness to obtain
- ACT Working with Vulnerable People card
- Australian working rights
If this sounds like you, apply now! Indicate your interest in these exciting opportunities by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about our vacancies please call Linda in People and Culture on 02 6126 4736.