Director – Early Education and Care
Canberra City, ACT
Community Services #1 (CS#1) is profit for purpose, managing and delivering a range of services designed to meet community needs for over 35 years. We seek out passionate and motivated people who are keen to join our agile, fun, responsive organisation, and who share our view of community.
CS#1 is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Director to lead our Binara Early Childhood Centre. This centre is licensed for 74 children and provides a happy, friendly environment with excellent care and education through an inclusive play-based curriculum. We are excited to offer this fantastic opportunity to the right person and we are looking forward to enjoying the benefits of having new talent influence our children and workplace culture.
The successful applicant will be a key member of the CS#1 and Children Services leadership groups and will contribute to and enjoy the support of the CEO, Executive Team and CS#1 Program Managers and Service Directors.
About the role:
- Permanent full time position (76 hours/fortnight) in a 74-place centre
- Provide leadership, vision, guidance and support to a quality program
- Establish and nurture respectful relationships with children, families and staff
- Support your team to provide engaging learning environments that allow children to think critically and direct their own learning while ensuring the overall health, wellbeing and safety of all children attending the service
- Further develop partnerships with local agencies and community groups
- Ensure that day-to-day operational, financial, human resource and marketing management of the service is conducted in line with organisation policies and procedures
The successful applicant will fill the role of nominated supervisor , supported by your assistant director/educational leader and the Early Childhood Teacher.
- Diploma in Early Education and Care (or ACEQA approved equivalent)
- Previous experience as a Director or Assistant Director
- ACT Working with Vulnerable People registration
- First aid certificate, including asthma and anaphylaxis
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to guide a diverse team in providing quality early childhood education and care
- Sound knowledge of the Education and Care Services National Law, Education and Care Services National Regulations and the Early Years Learning Framework
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Current driver licence and own car (desirable)
- Children’s Services Award – Children’s Services Employee Level 6
- Base hourly rate from $39.09, commensurate with qualification, experience and Service size
- CS#1 has Public Benevolent Institute status, significantly increasing annual take-home pay by thousands of dollars through decreased tax liability for those who choose to access the benefit
- Be a key member of the close-knit Children Services leadership team, working together for best outcomes for children in all CS#1 Services
- Partner with a member of the CS#1 Executive Team for professional supervision, and enjoy the support of the total CS#1 Leadership Group
- Access to Early Childhood Australia learning hub for you and your educators.
- Free car parking at Centre and Head office
If this sounds like you, apply now! Indicate your interest by submitting your resume with a cover letter to CS1Recruitment@communityservices1.org.
For more information about our recruitment process, please call Linda (People and Culture Coordinator) on 02 6126 4736.
For more information about the position, please call the Executive Director – Karen Pollard on 02 6126 4701
Community Services #1 acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we work. We pay our respect to their Elders – past, present and emerging. We recognise their contribution to creating a thriving community through the continuation of cultural, spiritual and educational practices of Australia’s First Peoples.