Early Education and Care Director – Preschool Program – permanent part-time opportunity
- Enjoy a healthy work/life balance with a Part time role
- Generous above Award salary and PBI salary packaging benefits
- Be part of CS#1’s exciting growth journey – plenty of opportunities to showcase your skills!
Community Services #1 is profit for purpose, managing and delivering a range of services designed to meet community needs for over 35 years. We seek out passionate and motivated people who are keen to join our agile, fun, responsive organisation, and who share our view of community.
Be challenged – play a lead role in ensuring the ongoing success of Narrabundah Children’s Cottage – Senior, we are a key community resource that is vital to the local community, and are searching for an amazing Centre Director who is looking for a role that will take this service to the next level. If your passion lies in this age group and you have the skills and drive to implement a school readiness program, develop and embed a bush kindy curriculum and continue with our intergenerational gardening program then this is the role for you
Narrabundah Children’s Cottage – Senior Campus, is licenced for 35 children, this centre is unique in that it caters to children 3-5 years old, with embedded practices for children to experience the benefits of a dedicated preschool program in a long day care setting. Families with younger children are supported with our nearby Narrabundah Children’s Cottage – Junior catering to the under 3 year old’s.
The centre operates from 7.30 – 6.00pm, Monday to Friday, 50 weeks a year.
This is an ongoing, part-time (60 hours/fortnight), working Monday to Friday – a great opportunity for an Educational Leader/Assistant Director to grow into the role
This role will require you to:
- Provide educational leadership, vision, guidance and support in the provision of a quality educational program.
- Establish and nurture respectful relationships with children, families and staff.
- Provide engaging learning environments that allow children to think critically and direct their own learning whilst ensuring the overall health, wellbeing and safety of all children attending the service.
- To continue and develop further the partnerships established with local agencies and community groups
- Ensure that the day to day operational, financial, human resource and marketing management of the service is conducted in line with organisation policies and procedures.
- The successful applicant will fill the role of nominated supervisor and educational leader, supported by the early childhood teacher.
- Diploma in Early Education & Care or ACECQA approved equivalent.
- Previous experience as a Director/Assistant director
- Working with Vulnerable People registration
- First aid certificate, including asthma and anaphylaxis
- Strong leadership skills and ability to guide a diverse team in providing a quality early childhood program
- Sound knowledge of the Education and Care Services National Law, Education and Care Services National Regulations and the Early Years Learning Framework
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Current driver licence and own car (desirable
- Be a key member of the close-knit Children Services leadership collective working together for best outcomes for children in all CS#1 Services
- Partner with a member of the CS#1 Executive Team for professional supervision, and enjoy the support of the total CS#1 Leadership Group
- Children’s Services Award – Children’s Services Employee Level 6
- Base hourly rate is between $32.80 and $45.95, commensurate with your qualification and experience and the Service size
- CS#1 has Public Benevolent Institute status, significantly increasing annual take-home pay by thousands of dollars through decreased tax liability for those who choose to access the benefit
If this sounds like you, apply now! Indicate your interest by submitting your resume with a cover letter to CS1Recruitment@communityservices1.org.
For more information about our recruitment process, please call Linda (People and Culture Coordinator) on 02 6126 4736.
Please see Position Description Director – Cottage Senior.