Early Education and Care Director – Junior Campus – permanent part-time opportunity
- Enjoy a healthy work/life balance with a Part time role
- Generous above Award salary and PBI salary packaging benefits
- Be part of CS#1’s exciting growth journey – plenty of opportunities to showcase your skills!
Community Services #1 is profit for purpose, managing and delivering a range of services designed to meet community needs for over 35 years. We seek out passionate and motivated people who are keen to join our agile, fun, responsive organisation, and who share our view of community.
CS#1 is looking for an Director to lead our Narrabundah Children’s Cottage – Junior program. We are excited to be able to offer this fantastic opportunity to the right person and we are looking forward to enjoying the benefits of having new talent influencing our children and our workplace culture.
Narrabundah Children’s Cottage – Junior Campus, is licenced for 35 children, this centre caters to children 6 weeks to 2.5 years old. Families with older children are supported with our nearby Narrabundah Children’s Cottage – Senior catering to the over 3 year old’s.
The centre operates from 7.30 – 6.00pm, Monday to Friday, 50 weeks a year.
This is an ongoing, part-time (60 hours/fortnight), working Monday to Friday – a great opportunity for an Educational Leader/Assistant Director to grow into the role
This role will require you to:
- Provide educational leadership, vision, guidance and support in the provision of a quality educational program.
- Establish and nurture respectful relationships with children, families and staff.
- Provide engaging learning environments that allow children to think critically and direct their own learning whilst ensuring the overall health, wellbeing and safety of all children attending the service.
- To continue and develop further the partnerships established with local agencies and community groups
- Ensure that the day to day operational, financial, human resource and marketing management of the service is conducted in line with organisation policies and procedures.
- The successful applicant will fill the role of nominated supervisor and educational leader, supported by the early childhood teacher.
- Diploma in Early Education & Care or ACECQA approved equivalent.
- Previous experience as a Director/Assistant director/Educational Leader
- Working with Vulnerable People registration
- First aid certificate, including asthma and anaphylaxis
- Strong leadership skills and ability to guide a diverse team in providing a quality early childhood program
- Sound knowledge of the Education and Care Services National Law, Education and Care Services National Regulations and the Early Years Learning Framework
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Current driver licence and own car (desirable
- Be a key member of the close-knit Children Services leadership collective working together for best outcomes for children in all CS#1 Services
- Partner with a member of the CS#1 Executive Team for professional supervision, and enjoy the support of the total CS#1 Leadership Group
- Children’s Services Award – Children’s Services Employee Level 6
- Base hourly rate is between $32.80 and $45.95, commensurate with your qualification and experience and the Service size
- CS#1 has Public Benevolent Institute status, significantly increasing annual take-home pay by thousands of dollars through decreased tax liability for those who choose to access the benefit
For more information about our recruitment process, please call Linda (People and Culture Coordinator) on 02 6126 4736. Please see Position Description here. Director