Early Childhood Teacher
- Above Award salary and excellent salary packaging options
- Additional leave entitlements
- Supportive and friendly team environment
Community Services #1 is profit for purpose, managing and delivering a range of services designed to meet community needs for over 35 years. We seek out passionate and motivated people who are keen to join our agile, fun, responsive organisation, and who share our connection with community.
We have five early education and care services in Canberra City, Barton, Forrest and Narrabundah, featuring fantastic play spaces and beautiful learning environments, with natural outside play areas. We also run the Mawson Out-of-School-Hours-Care before and after school care and school holiday programs.
We are looking for qualified and experienced people to continue their careers with our Children’s Services Executive Program. If you love working with children, and have a passion to educate and support their choices, please read on. This role requires working well in and supporting the team.
About the Early Childhood Teacher role:
- Permanent full-time position available now – 76 hours/fortnight
- Educational Services (Teachers) Award – hourly rate between $30.55 and $45.32, commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus 9.5% super
- Excellent salary packaging options that allow you to spend $18,550 of your pre-tax salary on everyday expenses (eg. rent, mortgage, groceries, school fees, etc) and entertainment (eg. eating out), significantly increasing your take home pay. Other packaging options are also available (eg. superannuation, leasing a car)
- Staff Health and Wellbeing program, including additional leave to help you refresh your mind and body
Early Childhood Teacher requirements:
- Australian working rights (willing to consider sponsorship)
- Hold or be working towards a degree in Early Childhood Education or equivalent, as required by ACECQA
- ACT Working With Vulnerable People card
- Senior First Aid Qualification in accordance with ACECQA guidelines
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Commitment to improving education and operations in early childhood education
- Sound understanding of early childhood education development and associated standards and guidelines
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement, document and evaluate curriculum-based programs based on individual children’s needs
If this sounds like you, apply now! Indicate your interest by submitting your resume to CS1Recruitment@communityservices1.org.
For more information, please call Chloe (People and Culture) on 02 6126 4710.
Please see Position Description here. Preschool Teacher