Director of Acacia Children’s Education and Care – permanent full-time opportunity
Exciting leadership opportunity to lead an ‘Exceeding National Quality Standard’ 64 place centre, with qualified and professional educators.
- Position available now
- Healthy work/life balance
- Competitive salary ($36 – $45/hour) and PBI salary packaging benefits
- Free car parking
Community Services #1 (CS#1) is a not for profit organisation, we exist to support the children and clients and our community. We seek out passionate and motivated people whose beliefs align with our Purpose and Mission to join our agile, fun, responsive and connected Organisation. We are a founding member of the Children’s First Alliance in Canberra.
CS#1 is looking for a highly skilled and experienced Early Education and Care Director to lead our Acacia Children’s Education and Care centre in Barton, and join our professional and supportive Children and Youth Program leadership collective.
We are excited to be able to offer this fantastic opportunity to the right person and are already looking forward to enjoying the benefits of having new talent influencing our children, and our workplace culture.
The successful applicant will be a key member of the leadership collectives for both Community Services #1 and Children and Youth Program, and so will contribute to and enjoy the support of the CEO, Executive Team and all CS#1 Program Managers and Centre Directors.
About Acacia Children’s Education and Care Centre
Acacia Children’s Education and Care is a 64-place centre at the base of the Attorney General’s Department in Barton and is rated as ‘Exceeding National Quality Standard’ as part of the national child care service assessment framework.
The Centre has four rooms with two of them catering to children under the age of two years. Acacia is a modern centre with large windows for the children to view and access the outdoor yard. A dining room is the hub of the Centre where the Acacia children can share their meals and have a connection with each other. Check out our fantastic Acacia Children’s Education and Care Centre photos.
Acacia has initiated a series of sustainability activities that have involved the children and helped increase their knowledge of gardening, healthy eating and sustainable practices.
Acacia has embedded Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives into everyday activities. To embed this into our program, Acacia has an Aboriginal Elder who attends the Centre regularly to share his culture and heritage with the children that attend Acacia.
To be successful in the Director role, you will:
- have unrestricted Australian working rights
- have experience managing the daily operations of a medium-sized Early Childhood Education program, including financial management, prioritising and problem solving in a diverse, dynamic team environment
- have experience leading and mentoring multiple teams to deliver excellent early childhood learning programs
- have experience in successfully creating a culture of continuous program improvement, including participating in the NQF assessment and rating process
- have excellent communication skills, including experience writing reports, promoting to increase centre occupancy and mediating positive outcomes
- be energetic, agile and responsive with excellent time management skills
- be professional and apply sound judgement, able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- be proficient in building and maintaining relationships with colleagues, children and their families
- hold a Diploma and have demonstrated equivalent tertiary qualification in Early Childhood Education
- hold an ACT Working with Vulnerable People Card
What you will be offered:
- free car parking
- annual salary from $72k up to $89k, commensurate with level of experience, plus superannuation (Children’s Services Award, Level 6)
- attractive employee benefits, including PBI salary sacrificing
- a supportive, friendly and professional workplace that is committed to providing Canberra children with excellent early education and care
If this sounds like you, apply now! We are hoping to start shortlisting soon and will conduct interviews shortly afterwards. To express your interest in this fantastic opportunity, please submit your resume to email@example.com.
For further information about the role please call Tanya, Operations Director of Children and Youth, on 6126 4704 and check out our Director position description.
For further information about the recruitment process please call Linda, People and Culture Coordinator, on 6126 4736.