Director – Forrest Early Childhood Centre – permanent full-time opportunity
- Be part of CS#1’s exciting growth journey – plenty of opportunities to showcase your skills!
- Benefit from above Award salary, PBI salary packaging and free car parking
- Enjoy a healthy work/life balance
Community Services #1 (CS#1) is searching for a Director for Forrest Early Childhood Centre.
We have a permanent full-time Director position at our Forrest Early Childhood Centre, ACT. This centre is licensed for 92 children and provides a happy, friendly environment with excellent care and education through an inclusive play-based curriculum. We are excited to offer this fantastic opportunity to the right person and we are looking forward to enjoying the benefits of having new talent influence our children and workplace culture.
CS#1 exists to invest in our clients and our community. We seek out passionate and motivated people whose beliefs align with our Vision, Mission and Values to join our agile, fun, responsive and connected Organisation.
The successful applicant will be a key member of the CS#1 Children’s Services Leadership Group, and will contribute to and enjoy the support of the CEO, Children’s Services Operations Director, Executive Team and all CS#1 Program Managers and Service Directors.
About the role:
- Ongoing, full time (76 hours/fortnight)
- Provide educational leadership, vision, guidance and support to a quality program
- Establish and nurture respectful relationships with children, families and staff
- Provide engaging learning environments that allow children to think critically and direct their own learning while ensuring the overall health, wellbeing and safety of all children attending the service
- Further develop partnerships with local agencies and community groups
- Ensure that day-to-day operational, financial, human resource and marketing management of the service is conducted in line with organisation policies and procedures
The successful applicant will fill the role of nominated supervisor and educational leader, supported by the Early Childhood Teacher.
- Diploma in Early Education and Care (or ACEQA approved equivalent)
- Previous experience as a Director or Assistant Director
- ACT Working with Vulnerable People registration
- First aid certificate, including asthma and anaphylaxis
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to guide a diverse team in providing quality early childhood education and care
- Sound knowledge of the Education and Care Services National Law, Education and Care Services National Regulations and the Early Years Learning Framework
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Current driver licence and own car (desirable)
- Be a key member of the close-knit Children’s Services Leadership Group working together for best outcomes for children in all CS#1 Services
- Partner with a member of the CS#1 Executive Team for professional supervision, and enjoy the support of the total CS#1 Leadership Group
- Children’s Services Award – Children’s Services Employee Level 6
- Base hourly rate between $37.29 and $45.95, commensurate with qualification, experience and Service size
- CS#1 has Public Benevolent Institute status, significantly increasing annual take-home pay by thousands of dollars through decreased tax liability for those who choose to access the benefit
- Free car parking at Centre and Head office
If this sounds like you, apply now! To express your interest in this exciting role please send your resume to CS1Recruitment@communityservices1.org.
For further information about the role please call Linda, People and Culture Coordinator, on 6126 4736.
Please see Position Description: Director – Forrest.