Deputy Team Leader
Community Services #1 is a community-based profit for purpose organisation, managing and delivering a range of community programs, such as family support services, children’s services and aged care programs.
We seek out passionate and motivated people whose beliefs align with our Vision, Mission and Values to join our agile, fun, responsive and connected organisation.
CS#1 has five Early Education and Care services, which are located in the City and Canberra’s inner-south suburbs of Barton, Forrest and Narrabundah.
Each of our services has an individual identity drawn from our educators, family, children’s voices, culture and heritage.
Our services are dedicated to early childhood education and play as a vehicle for learning, and aim to provide a safe and fun environment for all who belong to the CS#1 community.
About our Deputy Team Leader opportunity
We are seeking an experienced Diploma qualified (or working toward) Deputy Team Leader to create an amazing experience for children at our centres.
The Deputy Team Leader is accountable for the operations, children and team when the Team Leader is not in the room, and will contribute to a friendly, secure and stimulating interactive learning environment by supporting the Team Leader to develop and implement curriculum-based experiences and activities, manage team members and build strong, trusting relationships with children and families.
This position supports the development of skills and experience for a Team Leader role.
- This opportunity falls under the Children’s Services Award Level 3.4 classification and attracts an hourly pay rate ranging from $27.12 to $27.91, commensurate with qualification and experience, plus superannuation
- Salary sacrifice to your mortgage/rent/general expenses prior to being taxed
- Diploma qualified or studying towards
- looking to advance your career in a role requiring strong and dedicated work ethic
- work well under pressure, proactive and a self-starter
- clear communication skills and an approachable demeanour
- comfortable working as part of a team and being focused on the children’s learning and wellbeing
If this sounds like you, apply now! We will shortlist applications and commence interviews soon, so express your interest in this fantastic opportunity by submitting your resume and cover letter ASAP.