Curriculum Coordinator – fixed-term opportunity
- Opportunity to create positive change for children aged 0 – 6 years old
- Work ‘off the floor’ mentoring Educators in a supportive and friendly team environment
- Above Award salary with excellent salary packaging options and leave benefits
Community Services #1 (CS#1) exists to invest in our clients and our community. We seek out passionate and motivated people whose beliefs align with our Purpose and Mission to join our agile, fun, responsive and connected organisation.
We are seeking an experienced and motivated Educational Leader to join our Children and Youth Program to inspire, challenge and extend the practice and pedagogy of Educators at our Forrest Early Childcare Centre through joint endeavours involving inquiry and reflection.
This position will also be the Centre responsible person in the absence of the Director.
Curriculum Coordinator details and Rewards:
- Part-time/Full time opportunity – available now
- fixed term opportunity to January 2021, with possible extension to permanency
- Children’s Services Award Level 5
- Base hourly rate is between $30.50 to $33.78, commensurate with qualification and experience, plus 9.5% super
- CS#1 has Public Benevolent Institute status, significantly increasing annual take-home pay by thousands of dollars through decreased tax liability for those who choose to access
- Free parking
- CS#1’s Educational Leader roles are performed ‘off-the-floor’
Early Childhood Educational Leader requirements:
- Demonstrated or equivalent qualifications relevant to the Diploma in Early Education and Care including sound understanding of early childhood development and associated standards and guidelines, including EYLF and NQF
- ACT Working with Vulnerable People card
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Anaphylaxis and asthma qualification in accordance with ACECQA
- Current driver licence and own transport
The Curriculum Coordinator reports to the Director of Forrest Early Childhood Centre and is responsible for:
- leading discussions with the room on reflective practices
- promoting positive working relationships with families, employees and children
- assisting with documenting children’s learning
- providing mentoring and support to educators to develop and deliver programs that support and enhance the national EYLF and focus on creating a friendly, secure, stimulating and interactive learning environment
- suggesting improvements to educators regarding their interactions and teachings
- participating in review of CY practices, policies and procedures
As part of the Children and Youth Program leadership team you will work to implement your program and assist participation of all children across our Centres.
To be successful in the Early Childhood Educational Leader role, you will be:
- eligible to work in Australia without sponsorship
- available to participate in an interview during business hours at our head office in Narrabundah
- excited to contribute your skills and experience
- committed to apply your leadership abilities to ensure consistently high early education and care
- someone who thrives in a team environment and is eager to support and lead team goals
- welcoming of opportunities to improve your performance through professional development opportunities and feedback
- comfortable communicating with children, colleagues, leaders and parents
If this sounds like you, apply now! We will shortlist applications and commence interviews in coming weeks, so express your interest in any of these fantastic opportunities by submitting your resume and cover letter as soon as you can.
For further information about our vacancy please call Linda, People and Culture Coordinator, on 6126 4736 and check out our Curriculum Coordinator position description.