Cook for Acacia Children’s Education and Care Centre
- Opportunity to create education around food for children aged 0–6 years old
- Cook delicious, nutritious meals for approx. 70 children in a well equipped kitchen
- Benefit from above Award salary and PBI salary packaging
- Monday–Friday, 6 hours per day
Community Services #1 (CS#1) is profit for purpose, managing and delivering a range of services designed to meet community needs for over 35 years. We seek passionate and motivated people who are keen to join our agile, fun, responsive organisation, and who share our view of community.
CS#1 is seeking a skilled and experienced cook to fill a position at our Acacia Children’s Education and Care Centre in Barton, catering to children 6 weeks to 6 years old.
About the role:
The successful applicant will be responsible for managing a kitchen food budget and cooking delicious, nutritious meals for children, including those with special dietary requirements.
- Supportive, friendly and professional workplace that is committed to providing Canberra children with excellent early education and care
- Permanent part time position (60 hours/fortnight)
- Children’s Services Award – Level 3
- Base hourly rate between $23.86 and $26.35, commensurate with qualification and experience, plus superannuation
- CS#1 has Public Benevolent Institute status, significantly increasing take-home pay through decreased tax liability for those who choose to access the benefit
- Food handling/food safety certificates
- ACT Working with Vulnerable People card
- Current first aid certificate
- Experience working as a cook in a childcare centre, or demonstrated ability to provide meals for children
- Cert III in Commercial Cookery (desirable)
Applicants for the role should:
- Thrive in a team environment
- Welcome opportunities to improve performance through professional development and feedback
- Be comfortable communicating with children, colleagues, leaders and parents
If this sounds like you, apply now! Indicate your interest by submitting your resume with a cover letter to CS1Recruitment@communityservices1.org.
For more information about our recruitment process, please call Linda (People and Culture Coordinator) on 02 6126 4736.
Please see Position Description: Cook