Cook – Early Education and Care
- Cook delicious, nutritious meals for children aged 6 weeks to 6 years old in a well-equipped kitchen
- Above Award salary and excellent salary packaging
- Enjoy great work-life balance with a permanent part-time position available now
Community Services #1 (CS#1) is profit for purpose, managing and delivering a range of services designed to meet community needs for over 35 years. We seek passionate and motivated people who are keen to join our agile, fun, responsive organisation, and who share our view of community.
We are seeking a skilled and experienced cook to fill a position at our Acacia Early Education and Care Centre in Barton, catering to children 6 weeks to 6 years old.
About the role:
The successful applicant will be responsible for managing a kitchen food budget and cooking delicious, nutritious meals for children, including those with special dietary requirements.
- Supportive, friendly and professional workplace that is committed to providing Canberra children with excellent early education and care
- Permanent part time position (60 hours/fortnight, Monday – Friday)
- Children’s Services Award – Level 3
- Base hourly rate between $23.86 and $26.35, commensurate with qualification and experience, plus superannuation
- Excellent salary packaging options that allow you to spend $18,550 of your pre-tax salary on everyday expenses (eg. rent, mortgage, groceries, school fees, etc) and entertainment (eg. eating out), significantly increasing your take home pay. Other packaging options are also available (eg. superannuation, leasing a car)
- Staff Health and Wellbeing program, including additional leave to help you refresh your mind and body
- Food handling/food safety certificates
- ACT Working with Vulnerable People card
- Current first aid certificate
- Experience working as a cook in a childcare centre or demonstrated ability to provide meals for children
- Cert III in Commercial Cookery (desirable)
Applicants for the role should:
- Thrive in a team environment
- Welcome opportunities to improve performance through professional development and feedback
- Be comfortable communicating with children, colleagues, leaders and parents
If this sounds like you, apply now! Visit our website to view the position description and indicate your interest by submitting your resume with a cover letter to CS1recruitment@communityservices1.org.
For more information about the role or our recruitment process, please call Chloe (People and Culture) on 02 6126 4710.
Please see position description: Cook