Community Development Officer
- Be part of CS#1’s exciting growth journey – plenty of opportunities to showcase your skills!
- Above award leave benefits, excellent salary packaging and free parking
- Design and implement programs to benefit the community
Community Services #1 (CS#1) is profit for purpose, managing and delivering a range of services designed to meet community needs for over 35 years. We seek passionate and motivated people who are keen to join our agile, fun, responsive organisation, and who share our view of community.
We are seeking an experienced Community Development Officer to engage communities in ways that empower them and meet their needs and interests within a Community Development Framework. Working in partnership with community members, the Community Development Officer will deliver and promote exciting activities aimed at building capacity, connection and leadership in the community, with the ultimate goal to transition programs to be owned and championed by the communities.
About the Community Development Officer role:
- Permanent full-time position available now – 76 hours/fortnight
- Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award, Social and Community Services Level 4
- Hourly rate between $35.71 and $38.42, commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus 9.5% super
- CS#1 has Public Benevolent Institute status, significantly increasing take-home pay through decreased tax liability for those who choose to access the benefit
- Staff Health and Wellbeing program
- Free parking
The Community Development Officer sits within the Community Support Services team and reports to the Wellbeing Hub Manager. Key accountabilities include:
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with key stakeholder groups
- Identifying the needs of current and potential clients
- Developing new community projects and activities in collaboration with the Wellbeing Hub Manager
- Developing transition plans that empower communities to own and champion activities without ongoing support from CS#1
- Overseeing activities delivered by Community Development volunteers
Community Development Officer requirements:
- Cert IV (or equivalent) in relevant fields such as Community Development or Community Services, or equivalent work experience
- ACT Working with Vulnerable People card
- Unrestricted current Drivers Licence and own car
- Current First Aid Certificate
To be successful in the role, you will:
- Have genuine interest in empowering individuals from disadvantaged communities
- Have experience engaging the community to increase participation in community development, with a sound understanding of risk assessment and duty of care
- Excellent communication and administration skills, including the ability to assist in writing tenders, policies and reports
If this sounds like you, apply now! Indicate your interest by submitting your resume with a cover letter to CS1Recruitment@communityservices1.org.
Applications close Sunday 31 January.
For more information about the Community Development Officer role, please call Amalia (Wellbeing Hub Manager) on 02 6126 4744.
For more information about our recruitment process, please call Linda (People and Culture Coordinator) on 02 6126 4752.
Please see Position Description here. Community Development Officer