Business Development Manager
- Be instrumental in driving our organisational growth and creating new opportunities for the community
- Join a dynamic profit for-purpose organisation with a purpose to connect with people to enrich lives
- Enjoy excellent salary packaging and leave benefits and free parking
Are you a dynamic, successful BDM looking to make a difference in the community?
Contribute to an organisation who works with and supports the communities of Canberra and outlying regions
Community Services #1 (CS#1) is a community based, profit-for-purpose organisation managing and delivering a range of services designed to meet community needs. We seek out passionate and motivated people who are keen to join our agile, fun, responsive organisation, and who share our view of community.
We are seeking an experienced BDM to join our Strategy and Innovation Team, who has experience growing revenue and developing new business to directly impact the growth of our business. This person will be excited by new challenges and passionate about identifying fee for service growth opportunities to enhance quality of life across the community.
This is a brand new position that will report to and work closely with CS#1’s highly engaged and engaging CEO, Amanda Tobler, Grants Coordinator and key community stakeholders to research and identify new income streams, enhance existing service programs, and analyse economic viability and the alignment with our strategic direction and philosophies.
You will be looking to identify new markets, new partnerships and new ways to reach existing markets.
This position will be an integral part of growing the organisation’s footprint within the ACT and surrounding region.
- Reports to and works closely with our CS#1’s CEO, and enjoys the support of the Executive and Leadership Teams to deliver program outcomes
- Fixed term opportunity initially available for 12 months
- Full-time position – 76 hours/fortnight
- One direct report, manages our talented Grants Coordinator
- Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award – Level 6
- Base hourly rate is between $44.32 to $46.35, commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus 9.5% super
- CS#1 has Public Benevolent Institute status, significantly increasing take-home pay through decreased tax liability for those who choose to access the benefit.
- Free parking at usual workplace
- Knowledge of the community sector is desirable with experience on developing and maintaining a fee for service framework, researching and addressing community service gaps
- Demonstrated equivalent Advanced Diploma qualification in Business and/or Business Development
- Significant experience designing and implementing business development strategies
- Excellent program development skills
- Experience writing business proposals, analysis reports and implementation plans
- Excellent research and analysis skills, including the ability to provide conceptual outlines and fully costed service growth proposals
- Demonstrated ability to quickly build strong, mutually beneficial relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Experience identifying relevant grant opportunities that align with organisational values and provide return on investment
- ACT Working with Vulnerable People card
- Australian working rights
- Current driver’s licence and own car (desirable)
If this sounds like you, apply now! Indicate your interest by submitting your resume with a cover letter to CS1Recruitment@communityservices1.org.