Administration Assistant (Receptionist)
- Support office operations and be the first point of contact for general enquiries
- Ensure current and potential clients are directed to the services they need
- Join a friendly and growing NFP organisation
Community Services #1 (CS#1) is a community based, profit-for-purpose organisation, managing and delivering a range of services designed to meet community needs. Established in 1987, CS#1 works in accordance with its purpose and vision: to enable people and enrich lives through community services that enhance quality of life. Our breadth of programs is supported by a dedicated team of employees and volunteers.
About the role
The Administration Assistant (Reception) supports the Strategy and Innovation program by providing information, advice and referral assistance to the initial approach from the general public regarding our services by phone and walk in enquiries.
The position will manage routine office tasks, including staff kitchen procedures, stock and supply of office equipment and room bookings for events, as well as other duties as directed, and in line with expectations of the role. The position also maintains scheduling for consumers using our Food Pantry Program, and overseeing visitor and maintenance registers.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with experience in a similar role to apply excellent customer service skills to facilitate positive experiences for potential consumers seeking information and access to our services.
What we will offer
- Permanent full-time position available now
- Commensurate with experience, salary between $65,919 and $67,263 per annum plus super and tax benefits to maximise your take-home pay
- Free onsite parking in Narrabundah
What you will bring
- Relevant experience in a comparable role; qualifications desirable
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills, with strong understanding of confidentiality and privacy requirements
- Demonstrable ICT skills and Microsoft Office
- Genuine interest in empowering individuals, including those from disadvantaged communities
- Excellent customer service, liaison and relationship building skills
- Ability to quickly develop a strong working knowledge CS#1’s services
- Sound written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated ability to communicate with general public, other employees, and volunteers
- ACT Working With Vulnerable People card
This is an immediate vacancy, so waste no time in applying now! Submit your resume and a cover letter (max 2 pages) indicating why you would be a good candidate for this position to CS1recruitment@communityservices1.org.
For further information, please call Chloe, People & Culture on 02 6126 4710.
Please see position description: Administration Assistant (Reception)