Regional Assessment Service (RAS) Officer
Community Services #1 is profit for purpose, managing and delivering a range of services designed to meet community needs for over 35 years. We seek out passionate and motivated people who are keen to join our agile, fun, responsive organisation, and who share our connection with community.
We are searching for trained and experienced Regional Assessment Service (RAS) Officers to join our organisation in casual positions. If you are a trained RAS Officer and are interested in working with a supportive and friendly team to support older people in the community, please read on!
About the role:
The RAS Officer is a key member of the Community Support Services team, and is responsible for undertaking face-to-face assessments using the National Screening and Assessment Form (NSAF). The successful applicants will understand key issues facing older people in our community and be passionate about supporting older people to remain living independently in their own home while maintaining an active, socially-connected lifestyle.
- Casual positions available now
- Social Community Home Care and Disability Services Award Level 4
- Hourly rate from $46.93/hour (including casual loading) + super, commensurate with level of experience
To be successful in the RAS Officer role, you will have:
- SA02 Statement of Attainment – Home Support Assessor
- Demonstrated equivalent Certificate IV qualification in relevant fields such as Home Care or Aged Care, or equivalent work experience
- ACT Working with Vulnerable People Card
- First Aid Certificate
- Evidence of COVID vaccination
- Unrestricted driver licence
- Genuine interest in working with older people and passion for enabling active, independent living in the local community
- Excellent communication, community engagement and relationship building skills
- Comfort working independently off-site to meet and assess clients in their homes
- Excellent administration and computer literacy
- Knowledge and experience with Commonwealth Home Support Programme and disability services
If this sounds like you, apply now! View the position description below and indicate your interest by submitting your resume with a cover letter to CS1recruitment@communityservices1.org.
For more information, please call Chloe on 02 6126 4710.
Position description: Regional Assessment Service Officer
Community Services #1 acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we work. We pay our respect to their Elders – past, present and emerging. We recognise their contribution to creating a thriving community through the continuation of cultural, spiritual and educational practices of Australia’s First Peoples.